Blue screen whenever I turn on my computer- Windows XP?

My desktop computer will no longer turn on... and this is where I keep all my music, etc. So I'm probably going to get it professionally cleaned out and reinstalled, but does anybody else know what's wrong? Ok. When I turn it on, it says something about how Windows didn't start correctly, and so I... show more My desktop computer will no longer turn on... and this is where I keep all my music, etc. So I'm probably going to get it professionally cleaned out and reinstalled, but does anybody else know what's wrong?

Ok. When I turn it on, it says something about how Windows didn't start correctly, and so I tell it to start, and it does the start up with the logo and the bar, and then BAM! blue screen.

the blue screen reads exactly as follows:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x81B1F008, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)"

and this happens EVERY time. it won't get past this screen.