To all those Bible-believing, God-believing, Jesus-believing Christians?

Why are you so poor to answer my previous question? I asked 3

1. Why did Jesus curse the fig tree for not having fruit on it? Why didn't he know the fact that there would be no fruits as it wasn't the time if Jesus was God in flesh?

2. Why did Jesus respond to Mary negatively & then help them? If He knew He would help, why did He have to say "DEAR WOMAN, WHY ARE YOU INVOLVING ME?"

3. How can God be tempted?

Why are you silent? I mean, whenever you're questioned about you faith, you become silent & answerless. How come your faith is so fragile that you're afraid to answer anything that opposes your faith? And why do you distort any kind of meaning in the Bible in order to make it clear?

You are very accusatory. I believe the fig tree deal was symbolic that the Lords ministry would no longer be for the Jews and it was kind of a judgment on them and an open door to the Gentiles.

Jesus came to do the will of the Father but respects his and honors his mothers request as a human son.

He was flesh. Flesh can be prone to temptation. The Bible says he was in all was tempted so he is human, however, he never followed out temptation to a sinful act. He knew that he would be the Lamb of God without sin and a perfect sacrifice to atone for all human sin.

All that other questions you have are just name calling.

And you actually asked like 10 questions to imply we are a bunch of wussies.

BTW are you good with a gun. I shot expert in the 82nd Airborne when I was a paratrooper.

Calmly I am going to attempt to speak respectfully to you about my opinions. I hope you in turn will give me respect.

In addition to being a great teacher and knowing a great teaching opportunity when he saw one (read the Fig tree in CONTEXT and then you tell ME what he was trying to say. It's obvious.), part of my personal beliefs are that Jesus WAS God, but God in a limited form. So while accepting the limitations of humanity that ALLOWED him to die for our sins, he also had to accept the limitations that allowed him to be tempted-he was fully human, so that when he made his sacrifice it would MEAN something. It's like a bird.....a bird is a bird because it flies. But if it chooses to limit itself by walking as they do from time to time, it is not less of a bird. So my beliefs are that in order to make a real sacrifice of himself, he had to FULLY accept being human, with every limitation. Because he was God in spirit he was able to rise above an commit no sin, but because his body and brain were human, he was still able to be tempted.

IMO, that also answers the other things-he had accepted human limitations and therefor his human mind could not grasp Godly information. This is also why he said only the Father knew certain things. However the Bible is clear that while they were one spirit ("Any man who has seen me has seen the father" and others) that Christ was limited due to voluntary human state, and did have distinctive qualities that were a direct result of human limitation.

My faith is not silent, nor is it fragile. I have answered sincerely what I hope were sincere questions. These are just my beliefs.

And you are quite demanding and rude. I certainly don't demand that you justify your beliefs to me and then belittle your faith or lack therof when your answers do not satisfy me.

Why so angry?

Amazing how you judge ALL Christians by the actions (or lack thereof) a few. Should we in turn judge ALL atheists by your actions?

Ok, on to your questions;

#1 - The fig tree was a moral lesson. Jesus knew there was no fruit on it, as Scripture clearly states that it was not the season for figs. He used it to show what will happen to "unfruitful" Christians, meaning those who do no good works in His name, or who do not teach others about Him. He also used a similar parable to illustrate this;

Luke 13:6-9

6 He also spoke this parable: “A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none.

7 Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, ‘Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?’

8 But he answered and said to him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it.

9 And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.’”

He will periodically look at us to see if we have borne fruit (works) that bring Him glory, and if we don't after a time, He will withdraw from us and we will wither and become useless spiritually.

#2 - Jesus responded negatively to Mary to show that she had no influence over Him. Calling her "Woman" instead of "Mother" reinforced this point to her and those within earshot (his disciples).

He had compassion on the bridegroom at the wedding, as He knew that tremendous embarrassment would come upon the groom from not having had enough wine for his guests. So Jesus quietly and without fanfare provided wine for the groom.

Therefore He did this on His own, not because of any influence from Mary.

#3 - God cannot be tempted (tested might be a better word), but we can put temptation before Him. Here is an example;

Matthew 22:15-22

15 Then the Pharisees went and plotted how they might entangle Him in His talk.

16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.

17 Tell us, therefore, what do You think? Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?”

18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, “Why do you test Me, you hypocrites?

19 Show Me the tax money.” So they brought Him a denarius.

20 And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?”

21 They said to Him, “Caesar’s.” And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.”

22 When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left Him and went their way.

We can tempt (or test) God by trying to force Him to do something. He cannot be forced to do anything as he is omnipotent. He warns us about being foolish enough to try, as we could bring Him to anger and He may punish us for our foolishness.

Israel learned this the hard way when they tested God after the Exodus, and wandered in the desert for 40 years as a punishment;

Hebrews 3:7-9

7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: “ Today, if you will hear His voice,

8 Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, in the day of trial in the wilderness,

9 Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, and saw My works forty years.

I have answered your questions. Your thoughts in return?

I can show you in Scripture (KJV) where Jesus is God and you are wrong about your belief. Revelation 21:5-7 He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" then he said, 'Write this down, for these words are trusworthy and true." he said to me: "it is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and will be his God and he will be my son." Is the Alpha and Omega Jehovah God? Revelation 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." Is the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End Jehovah God? Revelation 1:17 "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last" Is Jehovah God the First and the Last? Next verse Revelation 1:18 "I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades." When did Jehovah die? When did God die? I believe these Scriptures answer your question. Jesus is God. Even Jesus said, "I and the Father are One." "If you've seen me, you've seen the Father." Jesus died on the cross for you and me. Jesus is God.

1, he's Jesus, if he wanted fruit on the tree and the tree did not bear fruit, well I'd be mad too for the tree not obeying

2, he had enough issues to deal with, now a nagging woman. but he was smart though, he just gave in, dealt with it and moved on.

3, God was not tempted, Jesus was. I don't recall anywhere in the bible that God himself was tempted.

as far as the distorting part, you really distorted number three by getting who was who mixed up

1. To teach his disciples

2. To prove that Mary had no authority over him.

3. Intentionally making God angry tempts him.

Can you defend what you believe? Do you want me to ask you some questions? I have a bunch of them. Don't assume that just because someone doesn't answer you that there is no answer.

Post the scriptures for the first 2 and I'll look it up and give you an answer.

3) God can't be tempted. His nature is perfect and He is perfect.

I have a Frequently Asked Questions Page on my website, along with many other pages that should answer any questions you may have, but you can always leave comments on the site asking for answers to any questions you cannot find.

http://biblestudynow.webs.com

Great questions all. Providing the stories are true in the first place I'd say it was because Yeshua (Jesus) was in every way as human as you and I; and let me add that you and I are as divine as he was. I'm sure that whoever he was his message was that we're all like him and share a common soul for lack of a better term. There are lots of passages in scripture that would lead a person to this conclusion but everyone of them is compromised by Church dogma and the erosion of error over time. It is the nature of the beast. This is why I emphatically don't believe in what people refer to as God and find religion to be an obstacle in every way to spiritual understanding.

if the tree bears no fruit then it is cut down and cast into the fire and where were we when God hung the planets and the stars.