Why do artists study Leonardo da Vinci?

if you have a link to a site that explains why artist study leonardo or a book i could buy that would be pretty amazing. but if not that's okay too.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

Artist study other artist to see why they have a technique and where they get it. Diff artist paint, do work, differently. Studying Art History, shows you how they started, how they got their ideas, styles., etc.

• 4 years ago

Leonardo Da Vinci had many accomplishment during his life. He was an artist who painted many famous works. He studied philosophy, biology, medicine, hydraulics, anatomy, and other subjects. Da Vinci sketched the first parachute, helicopter, aeroplane, repeating rifle, and motor car (he had many more accomplishments also).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think what u r trying to say is that people study Leonardo Da Vinci. i can't think of any artist nowadays studying Leonardo Da Vinci and so on, maybe they studied in high school or in college but certainly not when they're artist themselves. Maybe Michelangelo but certainly not Da Vinci. It seems too boring & cliche for an artist nowadays to study the work of Leonardo Da Vinci.

Source(s): -Artist-
  • 1 decade ago

Simply because he is the best artist in this globe since inventing the oil painting. They have said about him: "He is widely considered to be one of the greatest painters of all time and perhaps the most diversely talented person ever to have lived." You can find many information and links about him in this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_da_Vinci

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.