Why So Serious? asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

My dog in lots of pain. Please help?!?

My dog in lots of pain. Please help?!?

Ok, so I have a 1 year old beagle puppy, and he is in a lot of pain. Every time I come home from school, he jumps up and starts crying for you because he is so happy to see you. But today when I got home, he just sort of cried a little but didn't really jump like he always does. Now he is just walking around, and not running like he usually does. You can tell that he doesn't want to run or do very much of anything, and it is depressing.

I will tell you how he hurts. Every time he tries to jump up, he will screech. My dad and I checked him out, and it seemed that every time we lifted him up in the front and lifted his leg up, he would screech a little. Please help and tell me what you think! =(

Please nothing about bringning him to the vet, for it is not open!

I feel bad for you for I am experiencing the same thing with my dog. We took him to the vet and she said that there was a build up of poop, per the ex-ray. He also had a high fever and an infection for which the vet gave him medicine. Anyway, my dog is acting the same way as yours and all of a sudden. I plan on calling the vet again tomorrow - I think he needs something to move the poop. Why the vet did not consider this at first who knows. I know it is expensive, but please take your dog to the vet for if this problem is not rectified it could be life threatening!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck

You asked this question about 45 mins. ago. This is a no brainer (which I believe I mentioned before that you and your dad should have been able to figure out). The dog needs to go to a vet. If you and your dad couldn't figure it out that's really sad. Crying, screeching, and acting unusual are all indications that something is wrong. Obviously you didn't like all the previous answers telling you the same thing, but it's not going to change so take the dog to the vet.

You can give him some bufferin (aspirin) or something similar for the pain. The vet I used to work for suggested that alot for dogs. Other than that I'd just call the vet in the morning. Could he have jumped off of something and injured himself (back or legs) or possibly been bumped by a car? I'd check him over one more time and look for any signs of trauma.

Good luck!

You can try to make him feel more comfortable. Give him lots of water, and maybe some treats. Dont make him run around a lot... matter of fact, try to keep him lying down as much as possible.

The vet will not be closed for long- first thing tommorrow im sure it will open again.

You could call an e-vet and see what they have to say, i am sure they would have some advice on what to do. They will tell you if it is serious enough to bring him in, or if there is something you can do at Home. Good luck.

he might have just pulled something, but I would call the vet 2morrow and let them know what is going he might have torn his acl joint with all the jumping around he does, but if he is walking on it he might have just over stressed a muscle it happens,best to get it checked.

did he hurt his paw, check and see if it feels broken, give a lot of love to your pup, if he is not better tomorrow i would at least call the vet

Take him to the vet when it is open then! There is nothing else you can do!