promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Email attachment downloads won't open.?

These are documents I keep there for periodic reference. Last looked at successfully a few months back but on trying again recently they appear to be unviewable. The download seems to complete but the document won't open - I just keep getting another download information panel when opening the document. Dont know if MS updts are connected - KB961260 is nfg and i've backed out of it as IE wont connect to websites after installation.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

well normally this only happens if youve upgraded that programme,

so say if your saved attachment was done from word and you then upgraded it you will find it hard to open the attachment because you have a different programme. all i can say is;

try and redownload the old programme back and then open it and save it and then redownload your newest one.

or put it onto a USB .

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

initiate, administration panel, upload/get rid of courses, good click the offending application and click delete. Then empty it out of your recycle bin and reboot. i do no longer propose working anti secret agent ware of anti spamware, the two those are notably plenty below administration with XP and somewhat some them convey extra secret agent ware than they ward off from, or they confuse you with scarey sounding names so which you land up deleting something domicile windows needs.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Check your security settings.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.