jaya asked in TravelAsia PacificMalaysia · 1 decade ago

how to make Malaysian tea (teh Tarik)?

hello, i went to a Malaysian restaurant yesterday and had the tea which i found out is called Teh Tarik. It was so delicious and would now like to make it myself but don't no how to, I would really be grateful if someone could tell me the full recipe and how to make it.

thank you

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

Teh Tarik, literally, pulled tea, is actually an Indian method of making milk tea. The milk tea containing condensed milk is poured from one container to another, which cools the tea down, and at the same time, introduces air bubbles. This gives it a lighter texture, and, as with most interactions between liquid consumables (such as wine) and air, brings out more flavor. Although, the average tea drinker will probably never notice the difference, watching the process of making this tea is a treat in itself.

The name Teh Tarik, is in fact a Malaysian word. Tarik means pull in Malay. This meshing of words and cultures is a result of exchange happening in the South East Asian regions because of the multi-cultural backgrounds present.

Teh Tarik

4 tbsp powdered tea (any type)

2 tbsp sugar

4 tbsp condensed milk

boiling water

Methods

1. Put 4 tbsp of powdered tea into a large glass or cup. Add hot water (exactly after you boil it) and leave the tea to mix for about five minutes.

2. Sieve and transfer the tea into another glass. Add sugar and milk. Stir well.

3. Take two big glasses, and start pouring the tea from one glass to the other, ensuring that you pull it from as high as you can.

4. Stop when you have achieved the desired foamy texture.

• border
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Malaysian Tea

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

how to make Malaysian tea (teh Tarik)?

hello, i went to a Malaysian restaurant yesterday and had the tea which i found out is called Teh Tarik. It was so delicious and would now like to make it myself but don't no how to, I would really be grateful if someone could tell me the full recipe and how to make it.

thank you

Source(s): malaysian tea teh tarik: https://shortly.im/mp5jx
  • Wanda
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

malaysian tea teh tarik

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Pulled Tea

• 6 years ago

I dont simply call it as a tea it is not bitter

Source(s): (from malaysia)
  • 1 decade ago

tea , milk, hot water, 2 empty cups

hope this vid will help you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ5iAx5TDyc

Youtube thumbnail

• 1 decade ago

Only the 'mamak's can do that!

Hahaha..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.