the natural way. Amla (Indian Gooseberry) was used by women in ancient times to take care of their mane. It could help you too. Ayurvedic texts are replete with references about the usefulness of amla as a hair tonic. Premature graying, hair-loss, dull, limp and oily hair – you name it and ‘amla’ seems to have a solution to your problem.
1. Apply a mixture of almond oil and gooseberry juice with finger tips on the scalp.
2. Boil one cup of dried gooseberry with 4 cups of water. Add a pinch of sugar in it. Keep boiling till the quantity of the liquid reduces to one cup. Mix 2 cups of Mehendi, an egg, juice of a lemon and the gooseberry solution and apply on hair. Wash the hair after two hours.
3.Amla to prevent premature graying
Take a few amla and cut them into pieces. Dry them in shade. Boil these pieces in coconut oil till the solid matter becomes like charred dust. This darkish oil is an excellent oil to prevent graying of hair. Massaging the scalp with amla oil induces sound sleep also.
4.Amla as a conditioner
The water in which dried amla pieces are soaked overnight nourishes the hair and this water can be used as a last rinse while washing your hair
5.Amla to prevent hair-loss
If you are losing hair excessively on your scalp, a regular intake of amla not only prevents further hair depletion but is also good for hair growth. Also wash you hair with the fresh juice of amla.
Medicinal benefits and home remedies with Amla (Gooseberry):
* A tablespoon each of fresh gooseberry juice and honey mixed together forms a very effective medicine for several ailments. Its regular use will promote vigor in the body within a few days. When fresh fruit is not available, dry powder can be mixed with honey.
* A tablespoon of gooseberry juice, mixed with a cup of fresh bitter gourd juice, taken daily for 2 months will reduce the blood sugar in diabetes. Diet restrictions should be strictly observed while taking this medicine.
* An equal quantity of amla powder, jamun powder and bitter gourd also makes a very useful remedy for diabetics. A tablespoonful of this mixture once or twice a day would be effective in checking the progress of the disease.
* It is considered an effective remedy for heart disease. It tones up the functions of all the organs of the body and builds up health by destroying the heterogeneous elements and renewing the body energy.
* The juice of Indian gooseberry, mixed with honey is useful in preserving eye sight. It also helps in the treatment of conjunctivitis and glaucoma. It reduces intraocular tension. A cupful of this juice should be taken mixed with honey twice daily in such cases.
* The Indian gooseberry is useful in the treatment of rheumatism. One teaspoonful of powder of dry fruit mixed with two teaspoonfuls of jaggery should be taken twice daily for a month in this disease.
* The dried fruit is good for diarrhea and dysentery. A drink made from amla mixed with lemon juice and misri is considered beneficial in controlling acute bacillary dysentery.
* Gooseberry has revitalizing effects. It is effective in maintaining strength in old age. It improves body resistance and protects against infection. It strengthens heart, hair and different glands in the body.
* A confection prepared from the preserved fruit is useful in chronic constipation and acts as an enhancer of immunity.
* A decoction of the leaves and bark is useful in mouth and tongue ulcers as a gargle.
* An oil obtained from the berries, strengthens hair and promotes hair growth.
i hope it will help you to understan amla well