Is it okay not to do one AP class if you don't think you can handle it?

I don't think I'm going to do AP Biology because I don't think I'd be able to handle it and I'm going to do regular biology. It will keep my grades higher (I hope) but I'm wondering if it will set me back for colleges. I want to get into a super good college and I'm taking all AP classes besides that.

Also, would it be bad not to do any science AP classes my junior year? I want to take them all senior year.

Its absolutely fine to do it that way. You are still taking a number of AP classes, so it will look great on your College Apps.

The only time you would even worry about this is if its the specific thing that you wish to pursue...if you want to go to school for Biology, then definitely take the AP Bio class...even then, I don't know that it would make a huge difference.

Just a side note...AP Bio was my absolute favorite class in HS...it was super fun.

Yea, that's fine. Colleges would way rather see an "A" in a regular or honors course then a "C" in an AP class. and you can always study extra on your own and sign up for the AP exam to try to get the same credit for college. You don't need to take the actual course to take an exam. Also, if you take it and it winds up being too heavy a work load, it could negatively affect your other grades which would be worse. So if you think it would be too much then just take the regular course instead. good luck!

AP classes are for the students who have done exceptionally in that class the year before. They are for the students who find regular classes too easy and want a challenge. if biology is already hard enough then take the regular. an A in a normal class is defiantly better than an F in AP.

Yeah. in the beginning of the year i was in AP biology and i got out of the class because she was going over all the stuff that would be required and crap and i just wasnt up for it. Its ok.. lol I may not take it at all.. this year i played it safe to just honors even tho 2 ap teachers wanted me to take their class.

When you say them "all" do you literally mean you're going to do all AP sciences. I mean I did something similar. Instead of taking AP Spanish next year, I'm taking regular. And instead of AP English Literature, and taking a Syracuse course. Then again, I've got 5 other APs lined up next year. Still, if you don't take it, big deal. I know plenty of people who backed out of a couple of AP courses and still ended up at Ivies. You're good.

If you are in all AP classes you should be able to handle AP Bio. The trick to making yourself look good for colleges is to show progression, for example it would look really good if freshman year you were all standard, sophomore year you had some honors, junior year you had mostly honors, and senior year you took all honors and AP courses.

also in 3 ap classes as well...ap english, ap spanish, and ap world history! you can surely handle an ap class! many say a D in an ap class is a C in a regular class...although true, they are not considering the fact the ap classes need more studying, require more effect, self-knowledge and logic!

• Are you thinking of going into a biology-related field or medicine? If so, you might want to keep AP bio and not do AP another class, but I'm not an expert, so, yeah. :P

Well for reference,in a lot of colleges an AP class is weighted 1.5 of a gpa higher than regular college prep classes. Hopefully this helps, but you have to answer this question yourself.

if youre already taking ap classes and thats the only one youre having trouble with it should be fine. the only tine it really would matter is if youre going to major in science when you get into college