Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 decade ago

How can I get more free space on Local Disk C?

So basically, I have made a tribute on Windows Movie Maker, and I all I need to do is save the video so i can put it on youtube, otherwise you can't put it on and i really want to. To save the movie, I need at least 13.8 GB. I have 12GB and have deleted loads of files and folders but the space does not increase. How or what can I do to increase the space on the local disk C? I don't want to buy anything as I am on a budget. Something that works and is free. Thanks!

Hello, try CCleaner:

http://www.pchelpforum.com/general-appli...

Delete system restore points you do not need.

Backup data to CD/DVD disks.

By an external hard drive.

Uninstall software you no longer need.

Enable compression on the files or C: drive under properties.

I hope this helps?

JB.

Try a disk clean up. In My Computer, right click on Local Disk C and select Properties. Then click disk clean up. Hopefully you can squeeze out 1 GB or 2 out of this.

1. Delete Temporary files.

2. Delete content of Recycle bin

3. Defragment your Hard disk.

You can also try to remove unwanted programs.

Remove any old programmes that are no longer used or wanted, clean up the registry with Registry Mechanic a bargain programme that is very good , this will also speed up the computer .

Clean out your recycle bin, and do a disk defrag and cleanup. That should release more space.

Make sure you have emptied the recycle bin.

The other thing would be to use disk cleanup (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310312) to get rid of temporary and junk files.

u can uninstall ur unused software or move any setup or songs or video which u upload in you tube & try 2 install heavy software in another drive...... dont copy any dump file in C drive.... this will definitely help u to get free space in C drive

Thankx & regards

Nitin

Source(s): from my experience