Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 decade ago

How can I get more free space on Local Disk C?

So basically, I have made a tribute on Windows Movie Maker, and I all I need to do is save the video so i can put it on youtube, otherwise you can't put it on and i really want to. To save the movie, I need at least 13.8 GB. I have 12GB and have deleted loads of files and folders but the space does not increase. How or what can I do to increase the space on the local disk C? I don't want to buy anything as I am on a budget. Something that works and is free. Thanks!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Hello, try CCleaner:

http://www.pchelpforum.com/general-appli...

Delete system restore points you do not need.

Backup data to CD/DVD disks.

By an external hard drive.

Uninstall software you no longer need.

Enable compression on the files or C: drive under properties.

I hope this helps?

JB.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Try a disk clean up. In My Computer, right click on Local Disk C and select Properties. Then click disk clean up. Hopefully you can squeeze out 1 GB or 2 out of this.

• 1 decade ago

1. Delete Temporary files.

2. Delete content of Recycle bin

3. Defragment your Hard disk.

You can also try to remove unwanted programs.

• 1 decade ago

Remove any old programmes that are no longer used or wanted, clean up the registry with Registry Mechanic a bargain programme that is very good , this will also speed up the computer .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Clean out your recycle bin, and do a disk defrag and cleanup. That should release more space.

• 1 decade ago

Make sure you have emptied the recycle bin.

The other thing would be to use disk cleanup (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310312) to get rid of temporary and junk files.

• 1 decade ago

u can uninstall ur unused software or move any setup or songs or video which u upload in you tube & try 2 install heavy software in another drive...... dont copy any dump file in C drive.... this will definitely help u to get free space in C drive

Thankx & regards

Nitin

Source(s): from my experience
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.