Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

is it safe to delete the items in my "shared" folder?

i have a shared folder on my mac of music i downloaded and all of that music is in my itunes. it's taking up so much space, is it safe to delete the contents in that folder? will my music be safe and stay in my itunes? thanks!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Shared is just a folder that you can put files in so other users can access them. So you should be safe to delete files from there.

The question is do you have itunes set to copy the files to your library... Try this... delete one song and see if it still plays in itunes... if it does then you should be safe to delete them, if not then just restore it from the trash

• 1 decade ago

Hello ,

Be sure the items are saved to "My Documents" or "My Music" or where ever you have them and others saved . Then deleting is safe and okay . Be sure do disable Sharing when not sharing . Enableing File Sharing and Folder Sharing is a Security Risk .

• 1 decade ago

It depends if the other people on the computer want the files in the shared folder. If they wants the files dont delete it. If they dont then it is safe,

• 1 decade ago

as long as shared folder doesn't hold soft ware program be careful not to delete you might want to do it one by one! good luck!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

By all means,

to test delete one and see what happens.

Source(s): it tech
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.