Virgin Media Customers: Would you recommend their "L" broadband?

I'm asking because in April our broadband contract with the Post Office will end. We live in a small village and because of this there aren't many broadband options open to us. Ones that are available are; BT, Post Office, Virgin Media, and I think that's it. We've been with BT and Post Office for the past few years and we're quite happy with them but they do tend to be quite slow, as we're quite far away from the "broadband exchange". Virgin Media have installed their equipment on our street and guaranteed us 10mb speed, in a letter they sent us. Should we switch to them?

Well, I am with Virgin and it is quite good so far. You should really check the connection speed that you can achieve in your area before deciding which package you would like to subscribe. Check out the link below.

By the way, Virgin offers unlimited download while some other providers like Sky introduces monthly allowance for its base and mid package.

I am paying £20 for a phone line, 2MB broadband and TV size M. I am planning to upgrade the TV to size L which will be an additional £11 per month.

There are a lot of offers going on and I am sure that you do not have to pay the same price as mine for the three package. I used to pay only £15.5 but that is only for a year.

Virgin media is expensive compared to the general market. I decided not to use them, as the speed (for me in a big city) was slower than my 25mb ADSL broadband via talktalk. I pay (inducing my line rental and free calls eve & weekend £21 per month) With Virgin media the same would cost more and be slower. Another reason I decided not to use Virgin, is the customer service, the advisers are clueless, they did not understand basic terminology. Also Virgin (after they took ages finding out) admitted the use 'traffic shaping'. This is not a good thing for the customer, as the last thing you need is Virgin turning down your internet speed whenever they feel like, just to cram more connection onto a already full capacity connection. P.s The speed is not Guaranteed at 10mb, very very rare to get the max speed. Your more likely to get between 6mb and 8mb speed (slower when Traffic shaping is being used). The letter you got is a lie, read the small print for the truth. Anyhow, as you dont the the large section of provides city folk have, maybe its your best option.

Yes i would defo switch to virgin, the internet with them is fast and they always have some kind of offer on.. so if u decide to switch to them, ask them what deals they have on at the moment cos they like to try and find you a deal o you stay with them.. also they send you a FREE wireless router too when u first sign up to them..

I have tele,broadband and phone for £30 a mth but at the mo they have it at £24 a mth.

Im with virgin and am more than happy with it never had any real problems and the small ones that have come up a quick call to their support line sorted it

defo I have virgin an it is fast. You should be able to push them for bb, tv and phone for £20 a month

yes i would recommend it. been with them since 2005.

plus they always do v.good special offers for their customers. as well as hellp you with alternatives if you wanted to end yr contract due to ffinancial difficulties or something. best company av been with.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.