How do you feel about mothers that want paternity testing done before the baby is born?

I'm seeing these types of questions pop up more frequently. There are also numerous scams out there that can really rob people (taking the moms and alleged father's blood to find out paternity) FALSE.

Do you think the mother should wait, or do you think it is ok to go ahead and do a amnio or in-vitro?

Favorite Answer

If a guy was on here saying he had two women prego at the same time would you call him a skank or nasty? Probably not. If a guy said he'd had sex with two girls in one day he's a Playa.

Anyway, after the baby is born it's just a cheek swab. No more complicated than that. Also, really what sperm won the race isn't nearly as important as which guy is gonna man up. KWIM?

I agree with the others. I dont think they should put the baby at risk for the sake of paternity testing. That can be done when the baby is born. I know it would be hard for the parents to wait that long but they need to put baby first.

I think that doing a amnio solely for paternity is extremely foolish considering the risks.

There is nothing wrong with waiting until the child is born and filing in court.If you feel embarrassed to do it, choose your sex partners wisely!

I think the mother should wait because doing it before the baby is born poses a risk to the baby, she should wait till the baby is born when it is safer, i mean the babys DNA is not gonna change in the next few months.

My sister in law was going to do that because she slept with 2 men & if it wasint her boyfriends she was going to have an abortion. That never happend because the baby never had a heartbeat so she just had it aborted anyway. Sad story. I think its a cool new thing, but people who dont know who thier babys Daddys are piss me off. Its like just stop being nasty & at least use a rubber.

i think its sad when people need paternity tests. maybe if they weren't sleeping around they would know who their "baby daddy" is.

anyway, its better just to wait. why put yourself through something like an amnio when it is not necessary

I think they should wait until the baby is born.

• Cyn

Considering it's dangerous to the baby I think it should wait.

You can't have a paternity test done until after the baby is born.

• TomTom

Doesnt matter who the father is, all that matters is the mother is a skank