Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

How do I forget my ex!!?

I cant stop thinking bout him what would you do?

And guys if ur girl left you and wanted you back after is that a turn on???

• Rahul

Few things hurt more than being dumped. In fact, most people would rather be body slammed by a sumo wrestler than endure the pain and loneliness of heartbreak.

Though breaking up is depressing, your life's far from over. It's important to see the end of a relationship as the beginning of a new chapter in your life. Here are a few tips on how to let go of your ex and move on with your life.

1. Be Nice To Yourself - Breakups happen to the best of us. Actually, they're a normal part of being a teenager. It's important to cut yourself some slack when you're feeling vulnerable and rejected. Let yourself mourn the loss, and remember that you don't have to be perfect all of the time—or any of the time. Nobody is!

2. Accept Your Single Status - Getting over your ex is virtually impossible if you're fantasizing about getting back together. It's important to learn how to be happy as a single person before you start to date again.

Being single gives you the freedom to do what you want, when you want. Watch a cheesy movie you would never admit to liking. Switch off your cell phone at the time your ex used to call. Perform a cleansing ritual, such as throwing away his yearbook photo or deleting his mushy e-mails. You'll be amazed how much better you'll feel.

3. Recognize and Release Your Feelings -

Breakups can cause a range of unpleasant feelings, from deep sadness to intense anger. It's important to identify what you're feeling, acknowledge that it hurts, then let it go.

If you're struggling with the "letting go" part, try writing what you feel on a piece of paper, then ripping it up. When you're feeling really awful, taking a nap or going for a walk or do Yoga or join a sport can help ease the pain and break the cycle of negative thoughts.

In general, try to get your demons out in a constructive way, such as sports, music, art or journaling. It's also OK to cry, scream and complain about how bad you feel. Find a secluded place to get out the nastiest feelings, then seek out friends and family to lend a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on.

4. Remember Your Ex's Flaws -It's easy to get teary-eyed thinking about his adorable brown eyes or of answering the phone. But what about your ex's not-so-great qualities? Remind yourself just how annoying, boring or insensitive your ex could be, and you'll be on your way to recovery.

5. Resist the Urge To Contact Him - One of the worst parts of a breakup is the loneliness. Use all the willpower you've got to resist calling your ex when you're feeling lonely and sad.

Though your ex may have been a source of comfort in the past, calling him for an ego boost will only make it harder for you move on. Look for new sources of support among friends, family members, counselors and online support groups.

6. Get a New Hobby - Without a boyfriend to entertain, you have a lot of freedom to try new things. Indulge yourself in some activities that didn't interest your ex, whether it's hockey, ballet or bird watching. Take a photography class, start writing poetry or join a club that interests you. You'll meet new people and feel good about yourself, which will attract both friends and admirers.

7. Don't Obsess About What Went Wrong - Many breakups don't have a specific cause. They tend to happen when two people have been growing apart for a while. This isn't to say you shouldn't reflect on what you could have done differently in the relationship, but it's not helpful to dwell on the whys and wherefores.

Remember once a crack develops u can never heal,heal u may but it will continue to prick u forever and make become a cause of differences and conflict again and again.

My advice:

Instead of focusing on the past, live in the moment and begin to dream about the future. You'll find a boyfriend at least as great as the last one—and perhaps a better match. Who knows? That special someone could be right around the corner.

Cheer up and Smile - Good Luck>r

1

Source(s): Bring Ex Lover Back - http://ExBack.oruty.com/?LqmL

Q: How do i forget my ex!!?

A: Alcohol and sex!!!

Q: And guys if ur girl left you and wanted you back after is that a turn on???

A: H3LL NO. You left me with a broken heart and i felt like S%!T. Then i found the remedy, Alcohol and sex!!! I still love you and i may want to get back together but, only after i'm done have fun.

This is my honest opinion. This is not a joke.

I can sort of sympathize. I was with my ex for two years romantically but he was my BEST friend for eight more years after that. A lot of my friends told me that the reason why I wasn't having any luck finding men was because I held my ex in such high regard. He was in a sense the Man in my life and I the woman in his. Once I started dating this guy I really liked I found myself needing my ex less and as time passed (a few months) my new guy replaced my ex in my heart. I will always have fond memories of the ex, he was my first love, but there is a reason he was my ex as I'm sure there is a reason why your ex is yours. Time will pass and you'll find someone (without even trying) who will make you even wonder what you saw in your ex in the first place.

Source(s): Life.

Only way to forget about ur ex is to think about the reason why u broke up in the first place..did he treat u very badly? if that was the case thn my dear u deserve better..u r worthier thn the heartache he put u through.. if maybe he is dating another girl, thn lady u shuld stop thinkn abt him coz u wil also find urself somebody that wil love n respect u. if u guys broke up for no concrete reason thn ther wont be anythin wrong with you talking things out and maybe trying to make it work again..

i had it bad but i knew it was gonna happen i made my girl cheat for her ex for me and it ended biting me in the *** cause the same thing happened to me but when we broke up i was seriously depressed she was my first haha but i would always tell her she would always have a place in my heart so she dated a couple guys after me so then she realized she was not happy and came back and yeah i would have to say its a turn on

JUST MOVE ON.

keep yourself busy, be strong & independent, be happy, get a new hobby, meet new people

there's a reason why you broke up. if it didn't work out the first time, what makes you think it will work the second time?

Source(s): experience.

a turn on??? you need to think more seriously. He is your ex for a reason you have to remember that

once you are in a new relationship im sure ull get over your ex. its a turn on if your ex wants you back.

I found someone else that was way better.

My friends like to call him my "savior" from my last relationship.

Kind of a cute story.

Find yourself someone to call your hero :]