BOILER STAYS ON AFTER TIMER ENDS?

Hi all,

Please someone guide me!

When my timer on my boilers ends (eg. 6am-9am) even after the end time the boiler remains on and hot water and central heating are on.

Does anyone know what is wrong.

I had a plumber change my timer, which still didn't solve the problem.

Please help!!

have tried the on off button at the mains. it switches the boiler off and on! but the timer still won't work, it will not turn off it self when the time runs out....

thank you for you response... it's not a combi boiler. Still no joy? any other? thank you.

• xenon

I hope you did'nt pay him, when I was in the business it was no cure , no pay.

The timer is faulty.

I remember trying 2 timers from the box before I got one to work.

Apparently on a production line , they only remove the occasionasl one for lab testing.

Source(s): C/H for 30 years

Some boilers have a delay on the timer this allows the latent heat to be removed from the boiler ie the boiler pump runs on to disperse the heat Check you hand book

• Ian S

Some boilers use pump overrun, they will keep pumping till the water temprature drops to a certain level.

The boiler should not be firing however.

If its a combi it will fire up and heat the water independant of the timer, there's usually a seperate switch to turn the hot water on and off.

Source(s): my own combi boiler

Have you checked the on/off switch to make sure it is working properly. If it is, check to see if the power is being shorted around the timer.

A motorised valve might have stuck.

Switch the system off at the main fuse spur until you get someone more clued up to have a look at it for you.

• ?

have you got an override switch that has been operated