promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what is the average cost of a sit down meal and then a buffet for my wedding?

i would like to get maried at 12 then have a sit down meal and then a buffet around 8pm. how much would it cost?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

It really all depends on where your reception is. Caterers in big cities are far more expensive than those in smaller areas.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I'm getting married at 2.30pm having a 3 course sit down meal of, melon, roast beef and sticky toffee pudding and a 3 drink package and that is costing about £800 for 45 guests and then the evening buffet which is a barbeque is £7.50 per person. I think that is a really good deal. Shop around for your venue, we are having a civil ceremony in a council owned building which keeps costs down but it is actually a Tudor Court and is gorgeous!!

• 1 decade ago

We paid £22 per head for the sit down meal and £10 per head for the buffet (catering for 1/2 the guests for the buffet as usual). It depends on the venue and your choice of menu...We had the cheapest menu but could alter the starters and desserts to a more expensive option...excellent choices.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Buffets usually cost around £250 and a sit down meal is usually £5+ per head.

Source(s): Wedding planners daughter
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It varies from area to area. In Central PA, I shopped around and found a great deal - - - $50 per person for cocktail hour, 6 varieties of hors d'ourves, buffett or sit-down dinner (more selection if you choose buffet), they don't charge extra for serving the cake, and it includes full open bar the entire time.

• 4 years ago

It all depends on what you want in your wedding. You can have 200 guests at a wedding and just serve cake and punch in a church hall and that would not cost you more than 500 or less. So you have to be more specific on what you are wanting for this 200 guest wedding. Good luck!!

• 1 decade ago

Im a little confused. Are you having one or the other or do you want to do both. It sounds like you want to do both by your question, Aside from that it depends. Sit down dinner can be anywhere from 15.00-50.00 per guest including children. Buffet styles tend to run less depending on the types of food but they still charge per guest at around 20.00-35.00 per person. good luck hope it helps.

• 1 decade ago

Not enough details. Depends on where you live, where the reception will be, what you want to serve. My buffet was $53/pp so . . .

• 1 decade ago

it depends on where u live hun :) shop around 4 the best deal 4 u!! good luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you've got to be looking at £25 + a head for that, minimum.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.