Romeo
Romeo asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Are you embarrassed that the president grovelled before Iran leadership?

Is he just clueless? Doesn't he realize that they consider him weak and shameful? People in the Arab world have no respect for people who beg for forgiveness and they despise anyone who does not have any stamina in a conflict or a negotiation. Now it appears they are really angry and are making new threats on the TV demanding total submission.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.073ba2...

Is Obama opening up a can of worms? Has he embarrassed the USA?

You do realize that Iran gives financial support to Hamas? You do also realize that they want Israel wiped off the map and that they are making the A-bomb? Do you think they really want diplomacy with the USA after 30 years of their hate rhetoric?

I am not uninformed. I read about 4-5 hours of news every day about US and world events. I have links to 130 news sources throughout the world. I just want to know why you think the way you think. Personally I feel embarrassed about his hiding his original birth certificate which some believe shows his birth in Kenya, and about his alleged connections with organize criminals in Chicago, and about his publicly responding to a TV pundit, and about his apologetic tone on Arab television.

I want to apologize to the world that he went over there and sounded like a scared kid on Arab television news.

Libya and Qaddafi renounced terrorism only after his palace was bombed by US fighters killing his son and only after he witnessed the fall of Saddam Hussein. Only after these events did he extend his hand to the west in cooperation. Iran has not done that.

Sadly, he is a manlet. America elected a beta male and the world knows it. Get ready to face the humiliation of the Carter years all over again. I just hope we can survive this time.

I made this prediction about six months ago, here it is again: Israel will attack Iraq during the month of August 2008; once it starts, most, if not all countries surrounding Israel will retaliate against Israel. "Enter the United States". Hope for the best. Why do you think the oil price is so high? Saudi Arabia has raised the price of there oil to garner piles of American dollars, in the event there is a war. Depending on the outcome, Saudi Arabia will be setting in a pretty good position financially to dictate just about whatever they want. The will have the money for control, and the oil for power over the United States and there allies. In my humble opinion, there is only one way to stop the potential Holocaust that is pending. I think Mr. Obama has the only sensible solution. I also believe Governor Bill Richardson, of New Mexico, would make a excellent VP. For those of you who doubt the above, I suggest you go back and read your history regarding Israel and the greed that has followed that country from the beginning. For peace, they (Israel), MUST give up a portion of the land they claim as theirs. Then, and only then, will there be a potential for a peace settlement.

I am supposed to take Breitbart seriously? The statement from Iran sounds like the guy who suffered a one punch knockout and claims victory because the other guy broke his hand.

Get a grip, please. Obama ignored that little twit of a howler monkey and is waiting for the June elections when the reformer Khatami may run again.

You and Breitbart have NO IDEA how much Iranians hate their president. 8% approval rating. Worse than Bush! He's running scared. He has no control over the military; he never said "wiped off the map" (an Iranian dissident who is frequently imprisoned calls that "the mistranslation of the century".) Iranians love western culture and Americans. Every yank I know who has visited there has been treated like a king.

In case you missed during whatever schooling you've had, Persians are central Asians like Turks. They are not Arabic in the least. The worst insult one Iranian can call another is "Arab-parast" meaning Arab wannabe. It's a call to a fistfight.

I grew up during the Cold War and I don't remember our entire populace running around in fear because the USSR and USA had embassies and a special telephone hotline between the two leaders to prevent nuclear war.

Edit: I'll grant that you may read but it is clear you do not comprehend the complexities of the rest of the world and the history behind conflicts. Ron Paul was trying to bring to light our failed mid east policy and Rudy G. started shouting like a spoiled child who has a copyright on 9/11.

The majority of your links I venture are neocon in nature and only serve to buttress what you wish to believe, sort of like my brother years ago saying "I watch Fox News because they tell me what I want to hear." He came out of the darkness a while later.

no .. keep your friends close.. and your enemys closer...

humillity is not weakness

humillity is strength of character..

all bush's fluster and bluster was nothing more than no self esteem or self respect. Bush was a weak child still trying to outdo his daddy.. something by character he could NEVER do. Bush didn't care if he brought the nation down.. his EGO was too important.. the only other explanations for his crapping on the american will .. would be criminal reasons.

so no.. when obama invites the neocons to give their opinion.. when obama apoints hillary to get her out of the senate.. when obama ignores pelosi (the notorious traitor who kept bush in office)

when obama lets them do more talking than he does.. that's just because he's doing the learning.. and not betraying his own hand..

it means obama is playing to win the "game"

obama is no simpleton or dunce like we have had in the past.. obama is a very very intelligent man.. who believes in fundemental (so its propagandaized) american principals (in words only.. americans only believe in constitution..american principals..as it applies to them .. but screw anyone else (sound republican?))

so you think tact.. is weakness..?

you think good manners is weakness?

you think listening to what the other guy has to say is weakness?

you think admitting when your wrong.. is a weakness?

you think learning how and why the enemy thinks/the way they do is weakness?

Do you realize if anyone nukes israel.. and "totally wipes it off the face of the earth" .. that the war has JUST BEGUN? .. that the other LARGER Jewish Nations will rise up and totally oblitterate the agressors? This is assuming the last Jew in Israel doesnt launch the doomday device themselves... to turn the middle east into glass.

do you realize that negotiations.. compromise and peace.. is NOT a weakness?

do you realize that not letting fear control you is NOT a weakness?

obama is a great man.. next to what we have experienced in the past...

NEVER has this nation been safer.. or had a greater champion at it's helm..

god bless obama.. and the usa

Stop hating. Since when is diplomacy grovelling. The war and bullying angle has not worked. So I take it Bush did not embarrass the USA over the past 8 years? Do some research on Libya and Qaddafi and see that change can occur.

Why is it that so many people are completely pessimistic about Obama? Whether you agree that Obama is right or wrong in his approach to Iran and any other country in the middle east, you have to agree that nothing else has worked in the past 30 years. So can't we just give his attempt a try?

I personally believe with one of the other posts. The middle eastern countries do not hate us for any other reason than our goverments intrusion.

"People in the Arab world have no respect for people who beg for forgiveness" - really? It seems you know a lot about the "Arab world". Iran is not even an Arab nation.

And how can you characterize Obama's policy that he "is willing to extend a diplomatic hand to Tehran if the Islamic republic is ready to "unclench its fist", as "groveling". As someone else here already said, you need to get a grip. Start reading some objective news, and stop immersing yourself in Republican tripe.

Ahmedinijad is just testing the waters right now.

It's rather similar to a boxing match. You see the boxers size each other up, maybe throw a punch but not really commit. That is what Ahmedinijad is doing right now.

He is testing Obama, to see if there are any weaknesses to exploit and strengths to watch for. And while Bush failed this test miserably and showed everything to Ahmedinijad (and everyone else watching), Obama is actually handling this correctly and not exposing anything. He is leaving Ahmedinijad guessing everything, and knowing nothing.

Bush opened up a can of worms. His reaction showed so many weaknesses, and all were taken advantage of. That is why Osama bin Laden is still free, why we are still in Iraq, why Ahmedinijad and Castro and Chavez were constantly in his face and attacking. He showed all the weaknesses he had, and they exploited every last one of them.

Obama is doing quite well; and if you had the sense to pay attention and read between the lines of what's going on, you'd know that.

Obama makes me nauseous.

"He is testing Obama, to see if there are any weaknesses to exploit and strengths to watch for. And while Bush failed this test miserably and showed everything to Ahmedinijad (and everyone else watching), Obama is actually handling this correctly and not exposing anything. He is leaving Ahmedinijad guessing everything, and knowing nothing."

OMG! You are really something else, do you really believe any of this cr*p you're saying? Obama is WEAKENING us. Bush made clear we were no one to f*ck with thus there has been no more attacks on us in nearly 8 years.. If you were dealing with a bully at school, would you sit down and have a chat with them begging them to leave you alone? No because they'd just LAUGH in your face and punch you out again! In order to get rid of them, you'd stand up to them and fight back even harder so they leave you alone. It's pretty obvious Obama has shown us he hasn't got any secret strategy, if anything he's working WITH Ahmedinijad by closing down gitmo and god knows what else he's going to do..

Iran is a not an arab country,

Obama is very popolar in Iran and thats why ahmadinejad is scared,

talking to Iran is a good policy that he wants to pursue,

Yes It is embarrassing to have a weak, scared president.