Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

How do I resist eating sugar and other fatty foods?

I have a four pack, and i want to get a six pack, but i cant do that while I eat all this bad stuff. I workout and run everyday but I want to get those bad foods out of my diet. Any tips to stop my cravings?

• Panda

Maybe this sounds weird, but try to get enough sleep! I always find myself craving carbs WAY more when I'm tired. Your body craves them more when you're tired because you're trying to give yourself an energy boost.

Also, eat small meals regularly to keep your blood sugar levels even.

Hope that helps!

• Echion

I think you should change your outlook on food. Food isn't something to resist eating, even the sugary fatty ones. You need to eat small amounts of both because otherwise your body will keep telling you you need need NEED sugar and fat. And if you run you are burning reserves faster than you can keep them. Have a weekend treat instead of thinking you have to have sugar every day. A grilled steak will do a lot of good to your body and a slice of cake or your favorite treat once a week will keep you satisfied.

Just do it. You will do it when you're ready. I have heard that it takes 28 days to cut a habit. My husband and I have given ourselves only 1 to 2 days per month to pig out on junk, and so far we haven't had any since Christmas (unless you count Canada Dry).

Anyway, enough about me. You just need to figure out what healthy foods taste good to you and eat them more as snacks. I heard on the news that the fat and sugar in junk food makes you want more and more, so that's why it's hard to stop. Watch one of those shows on TLC or Discovery Health about morbidly overweight people, and you might find inspiration. I know I do...

Type in "quick healthy snacks", or "easy tasty and healthy snacks" into Google.

add healthy ingrediants into your foods and eat more, but smaller meals. E.g., add nuts and almonds on your cookies. If you're baking your own cookies, add less sugar. That way, you'll be eating healthy less-fatty foods (nuts and almonds) and taking in less sugar! But at the same time, you're eating something you like

talk to your doctor, he has lot of medical safe ways to stop cravings. my answer is, make healthy food tasty, like, chocolate covered apples!

keep busy find other things to do and think about try new foods explore the grocery store

try eating fruit and candy with natural sweetners...green apples, grapes, mandarins.....just a few examples

eat some fried chicken. i b doin tht everyday all day and i only weigh 250lbs. see it works!

Remember one thing, junk food is POISON .

IT WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE AND WILL MAKE YOU LOOK FAT & UGLY .

^ that's what helped me.