How do i get my 9 month old to sleep in his crib and STAY asleep?

My son is 9 months old now and will not sleep in his crib all night. He's always been a difficult sleeper. I have him on a routine. He eats dinner between 5-5:30pm, then has a bath, I usually read him a book and he plays for little, he has a bottle then bed between 7-8pm. He falls alseep but that only lasts... show more My son is 9 months old now and will not sleep in his crib all night. He's always been a difficult sleeper. I have him on a routine. He eats dinner between 5-5:30pm, then has a bath, I usually read him a book and he plays for little, he has a bottle then bed between 7-8pm. He falls alseep but that only lasts about an hour or two then he wakes up screaming his head off. Then he'll keep waking up every few hours after that. I've tried everything! I've tried going in to reassure him every couple of minutes without picking him up. I've tried letting him cry it out but he's so stubborn I'm telling you if I dont go back in he will scream all night long. He;s a very healthy boy. He does have two side teeth coming in at the bottom but he does it EVERY night so I don't think thats the problem. He sleeps in our room (our apartment is small) and the only time he will sleep through the night without waking up is when he sleeps in our bed. I love having him in bed with us but I want him to learn to sleep in his bed. Any advice??
Is it normal that he wakes up screaming...like really screaming crying.

Thanks-
Update: Yeah my son is pretty hyper during the day! he only takes an hour nap for the whole day.