Question for people with Sky Broadband...?

We're moving house soon and thinking of going for a Sky TV/phone/broadband package. I'd like to hear from people who have used this combination...what's the technical backup like for the broadband? Is it via a premium rate number? Any good/bad experiences that I should know? Thanks!!

customer service was really bad but they do seem to getting there act together now.

i have had sky broadband for over a year now and to be honest there have been times when things go wrong but its like most providers how quick can they fix the problem and sky do a pretty fast job

calls to the service centre are free if you take up the phone option local rate if you don't.

for more info try the skyuserforum

this independent site is full of information

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/

check with samknows to see if your able to get sky LLU

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/

I was going to take out that package seeing that I am an existing Sky customer and I thought it was a great idea to get free broadband..After making sure that Sky Broadband is available in my area I phoned up Sky to ask about changing to Sky Broadband from my present IP , They told me that they weren't really in my area but they could get me broadband thru another IP provider ( ie AOL, Tiscali etc) for around £17.99 a month until they rolled out broadband in my area ...

You should phone Sky and find out if they really are doing the full package ( with no hidden charges ) in your area ..

You should also check out BT Total Broadband with BT Vision ...I'm really thinking of getting rid of Sky and going for BT Vision

I have had this combination for 3 months and havent had a problems and have found it excellent. I havent had to use the technical back up but I have heard that it is good. When the engineer fitted it he left his telephone and said if we had any problems we could phone him first to save on phone calls to Sky. As I say I havent had any problems the only thing to remember is to wait until you get a date officially from Sky that your internet is up and running before trying to set it up!

sky broadband 5 pounds per month sky+anytime 10 pounds per month rental technical backup is good I stayed with talk talk for my telephone line and calls as this was the best offer

very good i have phoned them for help with broadband they were very good and solved the problem quickly and they answered the call first time tv and phone work well to