Loud rumble from back right tire. Any suggestions?

Hello, I drive a 1998 Chevy Lumina with 125,000 miles on it.

My problem is the back right tire of my car is making this really loud obnoxious rumbling noise when I hit any kind of bump in the road. It began about a year ago and with time is becoming more sensitive to even smaller bumps making the back right tire rumble.At first, I thought it was my golf clubs rolling around in the trunk but since I've taken them out, I'm sure its coming from the tire region. I don't think this problem is affecting my cars performance but is really loud and I'm afraid of it being a safety issue. So my three questions are...

1. Any suggestions on what may be wrong with my car?

2. How much a possible solution would cost me?

3, If I didn't get it fixed, whats the worst thing that could result from my problem?

Thanks alot in advanced! I really appreciate it. I hope I covered everything.

sounds like shocks or a strut that rusted away from where it mounts. if the tire leans to one side its the strut. not sure on your cost til you find the problem. a bad shock isnt a huge concern but the strut is as it may be half loose and may cause you to wreck. good luck

Sounds like this could be a strut or strut mount problem.

Cost for a strut mount repair depending on your location could run between 150-250 dollars. If it is the strut it is recommended to replace them in pairs this could cost between 400-500 dollars.

I guess the worst thing that could happen would be if the strut broke causing handling problems if this happened at hwy speeds it might cause you to loose control of your car.

• mike d

you might have a bad hub if its a grinding noise, jack up rear end and spin tire to listen for bearing noise thats $130.00 plus 2 hours labor

if the noise is a banging noise its your shocks $40.00 plus 1 hour labor

or struts like $130.00 and 1 half to 2 hour labor