Is it wrong to give less than 10% to the church?

I would love to do this, but am not always able to do so. Additionally, I feel really guilty to the point I don't give at all. I am interested to know educated advice on this topic from the viewpoint of other churches/ministers.

It depends on what church you belong to. Some churches, especially Christian ones, expect their members to donate to support the church & its activities. If you believe you have a moral obligation to support the church, *and* a moral obligation to allow the minister to tell you how much support that should be, then it would be wrong not to tithe the percentage he sets.

However, if you don't believe those, or you belong to a church or a religion that doesn't believe in specific pre-set tithes, then it's not wrong to avoid tithing. Some religions believe people should support their churches in ways other than monetary donations--hours of service, or just living a moral life, are what they want.

I feel that it is ok to give less than 10 percent, to give as much as you can or want to. In Islam, people only have to give 2.5 (two point five, almost three) percent of their anual savings to the poor or organizations that helps mankind. And, if you are saying "but I am nott a Muslim," let me just say that Islam is the only religion that has giving money and other things of value to the poor as one of its main foundations.

God does not need the money, but mankind does, so give as much as you can, for God almighty knows what is in the hearts.

One gives to God what one can, but always give your best. Giving isn't always about MONEY. Your time, talents, abilities are important, too. When the church needs help...offer and give your best. Clean up day? Volunteer. Help in the nursery? Go. Quick story about the nursery. A famous pitcher from Kansas City played a double header several years ago in LA. On Sunday morning he and his wife showed up at church for nursery duty (back in Kansas City). When asked why he came back after playing a double header, he simply said, "It was our turn in the nursery."

Get the hint?

Ok, now the ball's in YOUR court. What are YOU going to do?

I know that tithing is part of the Mosaic Law and that is not to be followed (unless you want to for some reason). Do give something, but only give amounts you feel comfortable giving, and to the organization(s) you feel should have your support (that represent Jesus). How we give and live are what God cares about.

God promises to provide for you. try as hard as you can to give 10%. The concept of tithing works just like farming, in order to get a lot of crops, you have to depart with some of the seed (by planting it). This concept is all over the Bible, it's called God's Iron Law of Sowing and Reaping.

My family can't afford to give 10% so we give what we can! I think it's better to give a little and live as an amazing person like God would want,than to give a lot and be a hypocrite.

I don't donate my money to the church. I donate it to salvation army/goodwill/homeless shelters.

IT IS NOT A SIN.....IF ONE JUST GIVES WHAT HE CAN AFFORD IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR GOD......GOD IS ALL ABOUT LOVE.....NOT MONEY...

FOR MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL

Don't be ridiculous, why would you give any money to the church, they steal your mind now they steal your money, think for yourself for once

You don't have to give any thing.