Can you get short term/long term damage to your brain after binge drinking only once?

Two weeks ago, on New Years, I went out to the city with friends. I did a stupid thing and got drunk pretty heavily, for the first time, from a few shots of Vodka and two regular bottles of Smirnoff Double Blacks. The quantity of the alcohol wasn't much, but I still managed to black out for maybe 2 or 3 hours.... show more Two weeks ago, on New Years, I went out to the city with friends. I did a stupid thing and got drunk pretty heavily, for the first time, from a few shots of Vodka and two regular bottles of Smirnoff Double Blacks. The quantity of the alcohol wasn't much, but I still managed to black out for maybe 2 or 3 hours. I don't think I did many stupid things, as my friends were guiding me, and I do remember snippets of the night.

I want to stress my concern about the effect the alcohol could have on me. It's been two weeks now, and ever since then I've been feeling hung over. I feel as if I'm in a dreamlike state, my vision has been blurred, I've been extremely tired and I don't think my concentration is functioning quite as well as before. I am scared if these symptoms do not go away, and I stay feeling this way forever. Is there a possibility that it is only short term, and it will go away after a few months or so? Could I really have damaged many brain cells with only binge drinking once? I'm starting year 11 this year, and I really just want to get back to my normal self because study will get hard for me.

I'm 16 years old and have definitely learned from this. I am not going to touch alcohol ever again. In a way it's good that I did it now, rather than later, as I would've done it anyway at some point in my life to try it and it could've turned out a lot worse, I guess. :(

I've started taking fish oil and ginkgo biloba tablets to improve memory/concentration, as well enihacea.

I appreciate all help and comments!