Do you Find this Ironic about NYY and Dallas Cowboys fans ?

A Majority of people who i know that Like Dallas Cowboys also like the New York Yankees.

Is that just a coincidence or are the on two bandwagons.

I would also like to add the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers to that list of Yankee/Cowboy fans

• Chad C
    Favorite Answer

I agree totally. I am a Lakers fan as well. However, I am 32 and I have an explanation as to why im a fan of these 2 teams. I am not making this up either. As a kid I was mentally abused by my step dad. I went thru hell for 15 plus years. He was a Steelers fan and used to tell me how bad he hated the Cowboys and how everyone else hated them too. He was also a Celtics fan, so naturually he hated the Lakers. I did what was natural to a person that was put thru this and did the exact opposite of what my dad stood for and became a Cowboys fan. When I became a fan in the late 80s they were horrible and the QB was Steve Pueller. 95% of the people that come here probably never even heard of him. I sure wasnt gonna be a Steeler fan or Celtic fan, noway. I have pictures of me as a kid in Magic Johnson converse weapon shoes and full Lakers gear on. When people call me bandwagon I usually just pull out pictures like that from 25 years ago.

Source(s): Orioles fan in baseball

I don't hate their fans, but some of the things they say drive me crazy. Who cares about winning 5 Super Bowls? I'm a Yankee fan and I don't even use 27 championships very often when arguing with a Red Sox fan. You are in no position to pronounce your team godly if they haven't gotten to the big game in almost a decade and a half. I don't particularly like Brett Favre but everybody on this site was saying how Ware and Spears would end his career once and for all, Romo would continue riding the success after beating the Eagles, blah blah blah. They can't base an argument of why their team is better without the # of Super Bowls, and considering that the Cowboys aren't at the top of the NFL in that category anymore, they really have nothing.

I believe you are dead on with the bandwagoners theory. Granted you can't blame a team for being a marketing success. We all know that no matter where in the US you are, you can always find Yankees, Dodgers, Cowboys, Giants, Lakers, stuff anywhere. And that's probably why they are so popular.

Great question!! You're very observant.

My feeling is some of the heavy duty "fans" usually goind the badwagon of the "hip" or "power" teams from big cities/states whether the teams are hot now or were big in the past...also, the populations of many of these cities is high. Last, sometimes people think it's "cool" to be with these teams or want the attention of being a "fan" of teams that are sometimes hated in most of the country. Just my feelings.

Again, great question!!

It might be a coincidence but the Bulls were a real classy team and easy to like. I don't really enjoy Basketball and I could still name a number of players that were on that team. The Lakers were okay until they kicked Shaq out and let Kobe (No more rings) Bryant run the show.Kind of funny how you have bandwagon fans for teams that don't do that well year after year. You would think they would drift away to another useless hobby.

Some people just like to root for the best teams no matter where they play. Nothing really wrong with that. It makes the owners of teams like the Texas Rangers spend more money on their own clubs, because they have to compete for the fans in their area.

Um, the cowboys play football and the yankees play baseball. So why not? Have you ever seen the Rangers play a good season?

LOL, yeah, there's a lot of fans that their favorite teams are the Cowboys, the Bulls, and the Yanks...how ironic that those teams were winning titles in the 90's.

Any bandwagon fan will like any team.

I can respect any TRUE Yankees or Cowboys fan even though their teams are rivals to my teams.

Bandwagon fans are lower than whale turds.

I HATE COWBOYS AND LIKE YANKEES(ANOTHER THEORY SHOT) I,M A GIANT FAN....