teaching english in the canary islands?

el ano viene voy a dar clases en las islas canarias?

im learning spanish at the moment and next year plan to go to the canary islands to teach english to spanish primary school children.

any experiences to share?

thanks gnijeb? not really writing my dissatation just asking for some advice! but by the looks of it you have no experience or ideas! so y bother! an maybe you could get a dictionary to spell your name right!

Favorite Answer

Before you attempt to teach English, you need to learn English. ( I won't correct the Spanish errors.)

i.e.:

I'm learning Spanish at the moment, and next year plan to go to the Canary Islands to teach English to Spanish primary school children.

Any experiences to share?

Nine mistakes in two sentences. Please, look for other work.

• I live in Tenerife and there are a few people who teach English to children (and adults). It's obviously better if you have a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) qualification then you can charge a bit more. You probably won't get a job in a school though, it would have to be private tutoring and you could charge around 30€ per hour. As for the other answer telling you to learn english first.... i'm quite sure you know where commas and full stops go...does anyone use proper grammar on Y Answers?? And your Spanish, well for a learner you're getting there you just missed out que... el año que viene voy a dar clases en canarias (we don't really use islas here!) Suerte!

Source(s): Lived in Tenerife 13 years and Lanzarote for 5
    • ?5 years agoReport

Hi! I am a certified TEFL Instructor - do you know ny English language schools, ex-pat international schools, etc. to look into? I am a fully bilingual Puerto Rican and eligible for citizenship after two years of legal residency. I also work at UC Berkeley what are the universities in Tenerife?

The Canary Islands are identified for being the sunshine heart of Europe! See this sun with hotelbye . Canary Islands give you a moderate temperatures and a range of remarkable organic attractions. Five of their eight islands have now been stated a Biosphere Reserve, and the archipelago has four national parks. The absolute most outstanding attractions in Canary Islands would be the beaches as they are just ideal for enjoyable in the sun or experiencing water activities such as for example windsurfing and scuba diving. In Canary Islands you may also be impressing by the interior attraction like: hiking, routine touring, hiking and actually caving. Some of the very most magnificent attractions of Canary Islands are: the volcanic landscape of Lanzarote, the beaches of Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria with their sand dunes, or the natural forests of La Palma and La Gomera.

In Tenerife you certainly can do such a thing you're feeling like any day of the year as a result of its environment, normal environments and tourist infrastructure created for enjoyment for the household which means this place is an ideal place for a good holiday and with hotelbye you are certain to get it. In Tenerife are lots of things waiting for you yourself to discover and some of those is in the south west coast of Tenerife. A spot that is a spectacular location for watching whales free in the ocean. Around 26 species are observed just off the coast, including baleen whales, killer whales, dolphins, pilot whales and also blue whales. In Tenerife you will even see The Teide National Park. At 3,718 metres, Teide volcano is Spain's highest top and its two ecosystems make the rise an experience high in contrasts.

you'll not find it as easy as it used to be because the spanish schools have the same requirements for teaching as the UK have.

My kids both go to a spanish school and the english is structured with emphasis on correct grammar etc so think you would need a teaching cert.I had thought of doing the same thing myself but there are so many qualified spanish teachers seeking the same job that it's a no go.Maybe try home based tutoring,conversation classes.Why don't you come out on a holiday first and go and see schools to see if you will be able to reach.Good luck to you and ignore the likes of genniiwotever.Probably just jealous because you're wanting to do something a bit more exciting with your life.

Where is the best place for work? I have a Diploma in TESOL