Peugeot 306 Windscreen Wiper Problem?

I have a peugeot 306 (2000). The wipers arent working properly but I havent a clue whats wrong, the rain sensitive automatic feature doesnt work and after about 4 'wipes' the wipers stop part way up the screen, this also happens when I wash my screen, the wipers wipe about 7 times before stopping in the... show more I have a peugeot 306 (2000). The wipers arent working properly but I havent a clue whats wrong, the rain sensitive automatic feature doesnt work and after about 4 'wipes' the wipers stop part way up the screen, this also happens when I wash my screen, the wipers wipe about 7 times before stopping in the middle of the screen. any ideas at all?
Update: the wipers work fine on the second click its only when they are on automatic or screen wash they seem to stop half way through, also on the fastest setting they really arent as fast as they should be, Iv had 2 306's so I can compare.