Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesPeugeot · 1 decade ago

Peugeot 306 Windscreen Wiper Problem?

I have a peugeot 306 (2000). The wipers arent working properly but I havent a clue whats wrong, the rain sensitive automatic feature doesnt work and after about 4 'wipes' the wipers stop part way up the screen, this also happens when I wash my screen, the wipers wipe about 7 times before stopping in the middle of the screen. any ideas at all?

the wipers work fine on the second click its only when they are on automatic or screen wash they seem to stop half way through, also on the fastest setting they really arent as fast as they should be, Iv had 2 306's so I can compare.

Favorite Answer

The rovers had a similar problem. It was a connection in the motor gearbox. On the rover you need to take the motor gearbox apart and you will see two connectors which touch the outside of the case, these connectors need bending out to make good contact again. I am pretty sure this is the problem however the motor gearbox is likely to be different on a peugeot. If you cannot fix it you could always just buy a whole new motor and that would sort out the problem.

Peugeot 107 Windscreen Wiper

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Peugeot 306 Windscreen Wiper Problem?

I have a peugeot 306 (2000). The wipers arent working properly but I havent a clue whats wrong, the rain sensitive automatic feature doesnt work and after about 4 'wipes' the wipers stop part way up the screen, this also happens when I wash my screen, the wipers wipe about 7 times before...

Source(s): peugeot 306 windscreen wiper problem: https://biturl.im/vn2PR

You have the common wiper motor fault that peugeot suffer from this is caused by a built in resistor to going faulty.

A cheap repair without replacing the motor is to use a 15 ohm (50 watt) wirewound resister available from either Maplin.co.uk or a electrical repair store.

To repair solder a length of wire to each end of the resistor and seal the soldered joint with some heat shrink sleeving , connect one end to the grey wire and the other to the black wire on the wiper motor harness making sure both are well insulated.

This will fix your fault.

I have heard of the recall on the motors where they have been replaced under warranty but i think your local peugeot garage will have to dig it out of techfile or sagai syatems.

i know that they were replacing the unit.due to not parking.

where are u located?

in glasgow there is a company called A E P auto equip peices 0141 647 0800 ask for lexy. he will give u a price for the unit as they are i think £168.00 from the dealer.

hope this helps.

Source(s): work for peugeot for 14 years in the uk now in OZ doing the same

Wiper motor ?