Pain in my upper left side of my back?

Im having awful pains in the upper left side of my back going from just under my bra strap up as far as my shoulder blade (and what feels like under it) iv tried hot baths, rubbing special creams on it but nothing seems to work? Any idea's what this could be caused from? I've had this constant pain for the... show more Im having awful pains in the upper left side of my back going from just under my bra strap up as far as my shoulder blade (and what feels like under it) iv tried hot baths, rubbing special creams on it but nothing seems to work? Any idea's what this could be caused from? I've had this constant pain for the last year....

Thanks a mill everyone :)
Update: Yes iv gone to the doctors just forgot to mention that you idiot!! He told me that there was nothing he could do about it.. It does come and go but i have it most of the time... Im just looking for advice on how to cope with the pain and if anyone else has insight into what it may be would be greatly appricated. show more Yes iv gone to the doctors just forgot to mention that you idiot!!

He told me that there was nothing he could do about it.. It does come and go but i have it most of the time...

Im just looking for advice on how to cope with the pain and if anyone else has insight into what it may be would be greatly appricated.