Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

my cat is doing something weird!! look at the details for more information, please help!!?

she will be 1 year in march. so a couple of months she started putting here butt up and meowing, because she wanteda boycat. then, in about a week she stopped. and then a month later she started doing it an in a week it stopped. now she is doing it every month!! is this normal?? Because i heard it should happen only 2-4 times a year.

thanks for help!!!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

No, they will keep doing until they get pregnant.

Please help us to stop the overpopulation of unwanted dogs and cats! Many people believe that spay/neuter is cruel to an animal. We believe that allowing millions of unwanted animals to be born into a world of suffering, poisoning and neglect is a sin. We have the capabilities to stop this crisis by spaying or neutering your pets.

Top Three reasons You Should Spay/Neuter your Companion Animal

Companion animals have been bred by humans for centuries, and as their stewards we have a moral obligation to do what is in their best interest. Cats and dogs mate because of their hormones and instinctive behavior. This has no relation to our concept of being "in love", so we must not anthropomorphize. Men tend to tie in their own masculinity to their companion animals - they need to understand that their masculinity is not tied to their pet's testicles... Their companion animals will live longer and healthier lives if sterilized.

What are the top three reasons to spay and neuter?

It helps to reduce companion animal overpopulation. Most countries have a surplus of companion animals and are forced to euthanize or disregard their great suffering. The surplus is in the millions in the United States. Cats are 45 times as prolific, and dogs 15 times as prolific, as humans. They do not need our help to expand their numbers; they need our help to reduce their numbers until there are good homes for them all.

Sterilization of your cat or dog will increase his/her chance of a longer and healthier life. Altering your canine friend will increase his life an average of 1 to 3 years, felines, 3 to 5 years. Altered animals have a very low to no risk of mammary gland tumors/cancer, prostate cancer, perianal tumors, pyometria, and uterine, ovarian and testicular cancers.

Sterilizing your cat/dog makes him/her a better pet, reducing his/her urge to roam and decreasing the risk of contracting diseases or getting hurt as they roam. Surveys indicate that as many as 85% of dogs hit by cars are unaltered. Intact male cats living outside have been shown to live on average less than two years. Feline Immunodeficiency Syndrome is spread by bites and intact cats fight a great deal more than altered cats.

• Yea, this is normal. We used to have a female young cat around 1 or 2, and she did this often. It's just part of their cycle, I guess. But it is normal. I've been around many cats, and most of the un-spayed females do that.

Source(s): My Feline-Finatic contacts
  • 1 decade ago

Yep it is normal and it will happen once a month until you get her fixed. She is in heat, and it will start happening more often if you don't get her spayed soon so be sure to make her an appointment soon!

Source(s): cat owner/rescuer for over two years
  • 1 decade ago

well you know cats' years are shorter than humans' years maybe all this was happening at the end of 1 year and at the begining of another.

=]

hope i helped.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Get her fixed before she ends up preggers!

Then she won't do it.

• 1 decade ago

well maybe she is meeting with someone and they keep on dumping and getting back together

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.