Why do bible fundamentalists act like being against them means being against Christianity?

when someone challenges their beliefs, they accuse that someone of being against Christianity. aren't they aware that they are not the only Christians existing, and that there are many other Christians out there that don't belong in their little club?

Hope, not only the so-called bible fundamentalists believe the bible. other Christians outside your little club do, too.

don't "shoot" me just because I noticed what's going on.

Personally, I find that if someone only accepts the literal word, and appears to worship the Bible as much as God, to me it says something about a lack of faith. It's like, this is my proof, here right here, and I don't need physical proof to know that God exists and is in my heart everyday. As much as I enjoy the Bible,as wonderful as it is and as much as there is in it to learn, I believe that there is so much more to a relationship with God.

It's really quite simple. All of the personal attacks and the bias that is shown toward bible fundamentalists. They feel that they are doing and believing the right thing. When someone steps on their flowers, wouldn't you expect them to be a little upset about that? Well, there's that and the view that the bible isn't God's Word that we are also concerned about.

The answer is in your question.

bible fundamentalist

If you are a fundamentalist by definition that means you believe everything the Bible says in context.

And then you ask. "Why do bible fundamentalists act like being against them means being against Christianity?"

Do I really have to point out the irony of your question?

Cuz people are still just people no matter how strong the belief. We are all going to have mortal feelings and responses. It is our goal to try to think twice and answer once. Yet we are all in a process of learning and growing, so if a Christian you have an exchange with is defensive or harsh they just haven't got to that level of growth yet. The bottom line is if you believe in God, then you know He is Love...

Christianity is not a club or a cult, it is a religious choice that we are privy...I do not challenge anyone about their religion because I truly believe that we are all here to teach each other and help each other on this road to salvation....We should be inspiring and surportive of one another in helping to walk this road toward divinization as it is not an easy one but will ensure eternal life if we can work together in building up the Kingdom of God....Of course, we can debate, we can disagree, but must come together and not lose focus in saving God's people.....It is not about us, but our HEAVENLY FATHER.....

• Mr. E

Former President Jimmy Carter said it better than I could ever hope to...

"The fundamentalists believe they have a unique relationship with God, and that they and their ideas are God’s ideas and God’s premises on the particular issue. Therefore, by definition since they are speaking for God anyone who disagrees with them is inherently wrong." -- Jimmy Carter

How you seem to love to generalize, and say this about all fundamentalists. You are off the wall, for not all of them are like this. Please do not set yourself up as a Judge. That is dangerous ground. God loves you, and when you ask Him into your heart and life, He will help you in each and every way you need help. Try and not be so judgmental, my friend.

• Hope

A Christian who doesn't believe in the Word of God?

Who fights against it, even?

I don't think so!

Who cares? Btw, if they didn't act that way their beliefs would be pretty lame, don't ya think?

Why don't ya take a trip to Amish country and tell them how ya feel?

Because if you are against the Bible you are against Christ.

You can't accept the man and reject his Word.