Being gay isn't natural?

It isn't at all! Our bodies weren't made for it. Why does everyone think it's okay?

Update:

And why do they have gay pride parades? If we have straight pride parades, everyone gets upset.

Update 2:

The same genes that produce homosexuality in men cause fertility in women.

The article only said that it might. One of the researchers also said, "We're still working on lesbianism, but were not getting to the same result, and possibly we'll come out with a completely different explanation,"

Update 3:

To Cobalt: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTI...

Air conditioning and other stuff may not be natural, but it is useful. Homosexuality serves no purpose.

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Ayana
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If the male bum was not meant to be penetrated, then why is the prostate only stimulated (a very pleasurable sensation), when something pushes INTO the rear?

--------

To your comment about homosexuality not being useful... How very wrong you are.

Back in the days when we were cave men, and other such early tribal days, a non-reproducing adult would have been a HUGE asset. It would have been more assistance in raising and caring for offspring, with less resources being used, meaning a greater quality of life for the offspring of those that did reproduce.

5 healthy children would have been better than 10 sickly and starving ones. Quality over quantity.

--------

As for things that are not natural...

Keeping pets is not natural.

Makeup is not natural (or useful)

Hair dye is not natural (or useful)

Hair brushes and hair ties are not natural (or useful)

Alchahol is not meant to be drunk naturall (and is not useful, in fact, it dehydrates the body)

Soda/pop is not natural (and not useful, in fact, it is often harmfull long term)

Video games are not natural (and 90% of the time, are not useful)

Cigarettes/cigars/pipes are not natural (well, the tobacco is, but not the cigarette. And it is extremely harmful.)

Chemical compounds that we put in food are not natural (and not useful)

Space shuttles are not natural (and really... not that useful)

Rugs are not natural (and not useful)

Toupees and wigs are not natural (and not useful)

Electric lights are not natural (and not neccessary, candles work just fine)

Pillow top mattress' are not natural (not that useful,a normal mattress, or even just a pad on the floor works fine).

Vitamin suppliments are not natural (and would be useless if people ate right)

Artificial flavoring is not natural (and not useful. Use natural flavoring).

I could go on, but I'll stop there.

---------

The artical you listed said the following,

"Much more evidence can be provided. Identical twins, for instance, share the same set of chromosomal patterns. Therefore, if one twin's DNA has a homosexual genetic trait, then it is inevitable that both twins will be homosexuals. However, that is not the case with all twins. When one twin is homosexual, the probability of the other identical twin being homosexual is 50 percent. Thus, the "gay"-gene theory is, once again, debunked by using logical, scientific research."

How ever, we've discovered in the past 5 years or so, that even monozygotic twins ('identical'), are not really identical. They have small genetic and chromosonal differences. Some times, large differences.

Case in point, on the rare occation, one twin can be born male, and the other a female, this is caused by deactivation of certain genes, giving them different phenotypes..

Monozygotic twins can have vastly different developments (both in and out side the womb), do to different genes being activated (You're epigenetics is what activates, or deactivates different genes), and dueto receiving different hormone levels in the womb.

Further proof in their differences are their fingerprints, which are effected by both genetics, and enviornment.

"Monozygous twins share a common genotype. However, most monozygotic twin pairs are not identical; several types of phenotypic discordance may be observed, such as differences in susceptibilities to disease and a wide range of anthropomorphic features. There are several possible explanations for these observations, but one is the existence of epigenetic differences. To address this issue, we examined the global and locus-specific differences in DNA methylation and histone acetylation of a large cohort of monozygotic twins. We found that, although twins are epigenetically indistinguishable during the early years of life, older monozygous twins exhibited remarkable differences in their overall content and genomic distribution of 5-methylcytosine DNA and histone acetylation, affecting their gene-expression portrait. These findings indicate how an appreciation of epigenetics is missing from our understanding of how different phenotypes can be originated from the same genotype. "

Too longto read? Monozygous twins are not as identical as we once thought.

Source(s): The first link is for the study that I quoted. http://www.pnas.org/content/102/30/10604.full ---------- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twins for an easier read.
  • 4 years ago

Basically: in modern times religious people have two conflicting thoughts on the matter. On one hand: the Bible/Qur'an/Torah says that homosexual sex is a sin. On the other hand, we now have increasing evidence about what people never even considered 3000 years ago: that people are born with or acquire different sexual orientations beyond their control. The religious fundamentalist then has conflicting opinions between the mountains of evidence against the idea that homosexuality is a choice, and everyone is innately heterosexual (which is what the Old Testament seems to presume when i condemns homosexual sex) and the validity and reality of their book. So they compromise by saying things like "god created gay people with the purpose of living a life of abstinence" and other similar nonsensical statements. To a skeptic, it is obvious that no matter how much you stretch it, bend it and cut of the frayed ends, there is no way that you can empirically make a religion make sense in the 21st century.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah, I wish. Unfortunately, there are more people out there like you than I would like.

How is it unnatural to be something you have no control over? We no more choose to be straight or gay than have blue eyes or brown!

Our bodies were evolutionarily designed for reproduction, yes. However the answer to the part of "Darwinian Paradox" concerning homosexuality had finally been explained: The same genes that produce homosexuality in men cause fertility in women.

Why does "everyone" have a heterophillic, bigoted view that it's WRONG?

• 1 decade ago

Eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning are not natural. Gay people are.

Discover Magazine has an article saying "Two of the most convincing studies have proved conclusively that sexual orientation in men has a genetic cause."

New Scientist magazine has an article saying "geneticists may have explained how genes apparently linked to male homosexuality survive" and another article saying "Mothers' genetic skew linked to gay sons."

LiveScience says "The arrangement of a mother's genes could affect the sexual orientation of her son, according to a new study."

Scientific American says "Having Older Brothers Increases a Man's Odds of Being Gay."

WebMD has an article about magnetic resonance imaging studies that reveal key differences in the brains of gay and straight men and women that could add to the understanding of the biology of homosexuality.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Joel S
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You know what? I'm going to just let you sort this out on your own. I'm just going to avoid answering this question, b/c wether I give a conservative or a liberal answer, I will get beef back. Any answer would be wrong. MOVING ON.

EDIT-to respond to an additional detail made in your question, about why we do not have straight pride parades. If we need them, we would have them. We show our pride everyday and quite blantly! So there is no need for a parade about straight pride. It's seen everyday on the street.

• 1 decade ago

troll... why come on here, wasting 5 points, just to say that? why? it makes no sense to me... so you are saying, the only reason we are born is to produce children... i agree with that... that is why every species is for... what i don't agree on is that, if someone were forcing themselves to be straight, what are the chances that that person would end up reproducing? i know for a fact that i do not intend on having any biological children, so why put the stress of heterosexuality on my shoulders? if i am useless to the job then why should it matter what i do as long as it is not hurting anyone else?

i am pagan, and as it says in the wiccan rede, "and ye harm none, do what thou wilt" my being homosexual causes no pain or suffering to others, so why hurt myself over being something different than myself? it makes no sense to me... please, if i am missing something, point out the logic in that, becasue i just don't see it...

~*Tear*~

• noname
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Well cars are not natural. lol And there are animals that are only attracted by the SAME sex soo... And If u love the "natural" crap then go live in a country that lives like in the uhhh... 1st century? lol That means no cars, no internet, not clothes and all the good stuff *gasp!*

Well.....Have fun going to that *awesome* place! =P

BTW, being gay IS natural!

Source(s): Muwahahahahahaha! (*w*)-b
  • 1 decade ago

simple, gay ppl are nature's way of keeping the population in control via birth. of course there is death, but maybe someone (whichever deity you want to believe) thought that there could be a way that involved love/sex. Two of some of the best things in life.

• 1 decade ago

Our bodies also weren't made for smoking or drinking but still people do it.

Also our bodies weren't made for building up like body buildrs do, but they still do it.

As the great comedian Russell Howard once said "The church says that two men having sex isn't natural but a man..walking on water is?"

Aaron

• 1 decade ago

Because we're confident in who we are and arent afraid to say ***** you ****** to the stuck up people in the world like you who believe the very principle of who gay people are is wrong, and not all of us march in a parade in washington wearing a too-too you arrogant snob.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.