What's you opinion on the MMR vaccine....?

With all the media hype that the MMR vaccine contributes to autism? I have a 4 year old son who has autism (being diagnosed January 29th) and he has had all of his shots when they're "supposed" to be given. I also have a 13 month old son who should be receiving his MMR vaccine soon and I am... show more With all the media hype that the MMR vaccine contributes to autism?

I have a 4 year old son who has autism (being diagnosed January 29th) and he has had all of his shots when they're "supposed" to be given.

I also have a 13 month old son who should be receiving his MMR vaccine soon and I am wondering if I should delay it? I don't want to have another child with autism (on top of his 8 week prematurity) but I don't know if i should believe all the anti-vaccine/autism awareness hype.

Would it hurt my son if I decide NOT to give him the shot? Should I only delay it? If I delay it, when should he get it by?

I'm still all new to the whole autism/vaccine controversy so I need some advice.

Thanks so much.
Update: I actually never saw autistic tendencies when he was a year old. The only thing he did was bounce/rock but I assumed that was from his jumperoo...he LOVED that damn thing. I actually noticed a personality change in him around the age of 2.5. He no longer wished to talk on the phone or get his pictures taken (which... show more I actually never saw autistic tendencies when he was a year old. The only thing he did was bounce/rock but I assumed that was from his jumperoo...he LOVED that damn thing. I actually noticed a personality change in him around the age of 2.5. He no longer wished to talk on the phone or get his pictures taken (which if you knew my son those were his two FAVORITE things in the world). He also stopped saying "i love you" around that time.