Uhhh...is this going to be a bad parenting move?

there was a question on here about what to say if your child questions an authoritative decision you make. well, basically my mentality is that im the parent so i do not have to explain myself at all. at least to a certain age, like 14 or so. until then i feel its just what mommy says goes and you better not... show more there was a question on here about what to say if your child questions an authoritative decision you make.

well, basically my mentality is that im the parent so i do not have to explain myself at all. at least to a certain age, like 14 or so. until then i feel its just what mommy says goes and you better not question it. now, my son is only 5 months but this is still my opinion. is this a bad opinion to have?
Update: sorry i didnt have myself come across right. if the child is really curious as to why of course i would explain. im more meaning if its a whiny or smart alec thing or them just trying to get their way then i would just be like "mommy doesnt have to explain herself to you"