Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationOther - Games & Recreation · 1 decade ago

10 points!- Pokemon Question: About making your pokemon hold the item "Experience Share" +++?

Im playing Pokemon Gold version for Nintendo Gameboy, and i just currently caught a growlithe and am training it. I would like to use the item "Experience share" and let my pokemon hold this item, so that he'll level up much faster. I'm just wondering if it is good or bad that I let my growlithe hold "Exp. Share" so that I don't have to actually use him in battle and he'll still level up, because it would be much easier for him to level up and not fight and still gain half the battle points... I mean, will my growlithe still get the same max stats if i let my higher levels (50+) do the fighting for him? Is the item "Experience Share" a bad item? I know that if i let growlithe hold it, he will level up since he'll receive half the battle points, but growlithe will not ACTUALLY do the fighting- will this affect his stats when he levels up and eventually evolves into arcanine? Should I use "Experience Share" to level up my growlithe, or should I not use "experience share" and just let my growlithe fight low-level pokemon and build on from there? my growlithe is level 14 so you know. For those who played pokemon for gameboy, did you use this item or did you just beat your pokemon naturally?

Thnx if you can answer my question, and 10 points to the best answer

Only use the exp.share on weak pokemon from level 1 to 30. I tested three cloned ralts exactly the same level 1 on my pokemon pearl version. The first one I trained to level 50 without using anything. The second I trained to level 30 only using the exp.share and then trained it to level 50 without using anything. And the third one I trained to level 50 by only using the exp.share. It took me a long time to do that but it turns out that the first one was by far much more stronger than the third one and a little stronger than the second one. It's HP difference was this: 1st=187 Hp. 2nd=179 Hp. 3rd=162 Hp. So basically what I just said is it is not a good idea to use the exp.share on the pokemon that you will keep on your team. It is ok to use it on the pokemon that you need to evolve to fill up the pokedex. I hope this is what you were looking for. I did this experiment because I was curious too just like you.

It will NOT change his stats when he levels up. Yes, it is a good way to train a low level pokemon. Fight the highest level pokemon you can find with your 50+ and Growlithe will be levelling up there fast! However, once he gets up there in his level, you will want to start fighting with him to quicken it up. But save the Exp. Share, because you will probably use it again!

And remember, it will NOT affect his stats in a bad way when he levels up, he will level up and evolve like normal.

Source(s): Playing Pokemon.

1. EV stands for Effort Value 2. Your first Growlithes stats were too high. It depends on how you train your Pokemon to reach max stats. Also, a Growlithe evolves with a Fire Stone.

Pokemon is actually a very complex game, each pokemon you catch has a different potential so you arent guaranteed max stats just because you train them naturally. however the Exp share item is just as good as naturally training them, the only thing that clearly messes up the pokemon's potential is rare candy.

yes, yes, and no, its not bad, i used to do this when i still played pokemon, i'd set a low lv to hold exp share then i'd go through the elite 4 a few times and it'd be about lv 40 or so, and it'd have all the same stats as normal, its fine just do it.

it's not a bad item. i used it all the time. it will gain the same stats as the pokemon u r useing to battle with.

• yes he can still get max stats it just takes double the time if you use EXP share.

if not it would be advisable to fight lower levels if your going to actually use him.

even though your Growlithe is gaining levels he will not have as good stats as he would if you were using him in battle...hope this hepls

no it gives same stats although ur higher levs that fight will lvlv up slower