What is the origin of the expression "rots my socks"?

My mother uses the expression "rots my socks" to express anger - I have found a great deal of people who also use the same expression online. Does anyone know the origin of the expression?

THere is no origin because your mom is the only one in the world who says it. She invented it somehow.

Like the mom who said "You can stuff your Sorry in a sack" whenever her kids said "Sorry". She was the only one who ever said that.

"THere is no origin because your mom is the only one in the world who says it." - WOW, it's amazing that any one person can know what everyone in the world has ever or never said! (Fortunately most people are wise enough to realize that there are more people in the world than they know personally, and that they're not all exactly like each other.)

I've heard this expression too, but long ago. It means "really annoys me" or "p*sses me off".

the only form of this I know is "rocks my sox off" which means "that's awesome". Otherwise it might (maybe?) refer to something associated with war. In war soldiers would wear their shoes and socks for such long periods of time their socks would literally rot off their feet, often causing gangrene. Sorry, I don't know.

It's gotta be a World War II era thing. My dad used to say that.. I remember hearing other Old-Timers say that back in the day.

I've only heard that expression in relation to a really strong alcholic drink.

.

ummm i think its supposed to be like "rocks my socks" so if its NOT cool then it rots your socks