What could be the symbolism in finding a dead mouse under your chair?

My room mate just text-ed me from work about having a coworker point out that there was a dead mouse underneath her chair. She asked the maintenance crew and they said they hadn't put out any rat poison that could have killed it.

Her coworkers went on to name it Mike the mouse before burying it. Mike is actually her brothers name and she got a weird feeling about the whole situation.

If any knows of any modern or ancient beliefs or symbolism concerning dead mice please post.

• Kev

I found this article on mice, although it says nothing of what a dead mouse symbolizes, it does explain what mice symbolize though.

http://www.starspiderdancing.net/StarSpiderDancing...

Well, many people see mice and rats as a symbol of disease or sickness mostly because of the black plague.

Eventhough the maintenace crew didn't put any rat poison out, there still is a possibility that the mouse was poisoned by cleaning chemicals or some other product that was toxic.

It's a sign from Bastet that your friend needs more cats in her life.

Source(s): ~mah own 2 twisted cents on the matter~ lol that was too funny.

It symbolizes that there are mice in your building, and that one of them got sick and died.

• myview

You know what, I hate mice and refuse to attach any symbolism to it. Yuck, yuck and yuck again,

The plague rat has died under her aura. She has the taint of death. Avoid her if you value your life.

yes..... He ate too much cheese.