What could be the symbolism in finding a dead mouse under your chair?

My room mate just text-ed me from work about having a coworker point out that there was a dead mouse underneath her chair. She asked the maintenance crew and they said they hadn't put out any rat poison that could have killed it.

Her coworkers went on to name it Mike the mouse before burying it. Mike is actually her brothers name and she got a weird feeling about the whole situation.

If any knows of any modern or ancient beliefs or symbolism concerning dead mice please post.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Kev
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

I found this article on mice, although it says nothing of what a dead mouse symbolizes, it does explain what mice symbolize though.

http://www.starspiderdancing.net/StarSpiderDancing...

• 1 decade ago

Well, many people see mice and rats as a symbol of disease or sickness mostly because of the black plague.

Eventhough the maintenace crew didn't put any rat poison out, there still is a possibility that the mouse was poisoned by cleaning chemicals or some other product that was toxic.

• 1 decade ago

It's a sign from Bastet that your friend needs more cats in her life.

Source(s): ~mah own 2 twisted cents on the matter~ lol that was too funny.
  • 1 decade ago

It symbolizes that there are mice in your building, and that one of them got sick and died.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • myview
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You know what, I hate mice and refuse to attach any symbolism to it. Yuck, yuck and yuck again,

• 1 decade ago

The plague rat has died under her aura. She has the taint of death. Avoid her if you value your life.

• 1 decade ago

yes..... He ate too much cheese.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.