I am updating a CV for a client.?

I am updating a CV for a client who has had a full work history. How many years should I go back and should I make reference to the earlier years of employment? I know that CVs are not to be any more than 2 pages nowadays.

Any suggestions would be most helpful.
Update: In answer to Cari's question. I'm merely typing up her manuscript but the way she was describing what she had written sounded as though she had a lot of information. I'm aware that the format of CVs have changed over the years and I have found up to date templates but I was unsure if the "10 year... show more In answer to Cari's question. I'm merely typing up her manuscript but the way she was describing what she had written sounded as though she had a lot of information. I'm aware that the format of CVs have changed over the years and I have found up to date templates but I was unsure if the "10 year rule" still applied which is why the question was asked in the first place!