Wrong car color on Speeding ticket. Any luck of getting off?

i got a speeding ticket about a week ago.When the cop gave me the ticket he got the color of my car wrong. Ticket said the color is blue, but the original color is green. This occurred in Harrison county @ Marshall, TX. the alleged speed was 77 in 65 on a clear day with very light traffic.

I got until next week to pay off. Is there anyway i could get off since the ticket stated the wrong color.

Thanks for the help.

FYI : i drive green '05 4door accord.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

if they have your license number correct, the color of the car is meaningless. So what if the cop got the color wrong. The person driving (you) got the ticket, not the car.

Pay the fine and slow down.

Source(s): you're guilty!
  • 3 years ago

Ok, I'm going to disagree with everybody and say that you can get this ticket dismissed. Officers write a lot of tickets so there is a chance he doesn't remember the color of your car. If you decide to fight this is in court ask the officer the color of you vehicle. He'll likely say white since that is what he wrote on the ticket. Present proof that your car was black at the time of the ticket. If that's the case ask the judge to dismiss your case since it's obvious the officer pulled over and ticketed the wrong driver. Police officers are well compensated for what they do and it's not asking too much to correctly fill out a simple traffic ticket and stop the correct offender. Of course if the court doesn't go for this you will now have little recourse but it's what I would do. By the way this isn't legal advice. Good luck and hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

One: Stop speeding, it's one of the leading causes of automobile accidents and automobile injury and/or death.

Two: Most of the time, if the color error is very similar to the real color, it will be neglected as an invalidation of the ticket (some blues can look like greens; sometimes the light causes this, sometimes it just happens). However, a lot of the times, if there is anything incorrect on a speeding ticket, the ticket is usually thrown out (even saw it happen on TruTV's Speeder's Court show).

I hope this helps!

• 1 decade ago

A citation is simply a charging instrument, and the information can be amended at anytime.

I have seen citations dismissed because of error, but only when the error relates directly to the elements needed to prove the offense. In this case, the color of the car has nothing to do with the offense, and will not be considered.

Source(s): 17 years law enforcement
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • LEO53
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The issue is whether YOU were speeding, not the color of the car. Typos are typically amended at court and have no bearing on the violation of law.

• 1 decade ago

Actually, there are many tickets that get dismissed for this very reason. The problem is, you have to plead not guilty and have a trial date before you can even start trying to deal with the DA. You would be better off paying it.

• 6 years ago

Your generation is what is wrong with America. You have a complete lack of responsibility, and you think you are entitled to do whatever you want without consequences.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you could get away with that there were be greater demand for auto paint jobs.

• 1 decade ago

This invalidates the ticket. Photocopy logbook with car details and colour and take it to the court before the hearing.

• CHAR L
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No they got your license plate number

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.