Why Didn't The World Stop Hitler?

My dad and I are watching a show on the Military Channel right now and he just said something I never thought of. I'm sure many people have and I will admit, I didn't keep up on history in high school. If the whole world knew what he was doing to the Jews, why didn't the entire world try to stop it? Why... show more My dad and I are watching a show on the Military Channel right now and he just said something I never thought of. I'm sure many people have and I will admit, I didn't keep up on history in high school. If the whole world knew what he was doing to the Jews, why didn't the entire world try to stop it? Why was there concentration camps, why were so many Jews killed and tortured? Just asking. Thanks!
Update: And you're right, we did stop him eventually, I just wondered what about him made people so fearful of him and why he went on for so long. I mean, the entire planet that could fight him, if they banded together, could have spoke volumes and truly taken him down. He was truly powerful, and I think many countries... show more And you're right, we did stop him eventually, I just wondered what about him made people so fearful of him and why he went on for so long. I mean, the entire planet that could fight him, if they banded together, could have spoke volumes and truly taken him down. He was truly powerful, and I think many countries were afraid of him, but man, strength in numbers!!!
Update 2: I'm not saying no one did anything, I'm saying that it took so long to do and I can't figure out why it went for so long. But, I think a lot of you are right, it wasn't widely reported and many people and countries didn't believe it was going on because it was so horriffic, they couldn't... show more I'm not saying no one did anything, I'm saying that it took so long to do and I can't figure out why it went for so long. But, I think a lot of you are right, it wasn't widely reported and many people and countries didn't believe it was going on because it was so horriffic, they couldn't imagine anyone doing that.