What are the best techniques for keeping small dogs warm in particularly cold weather?

I have a miniature dachshund who needs to go to the groomer and vet today -- unfortunately, we've got six inches of snow on the ground and my fiance and I don't have a car so we rely solely on public transit. She has no dog clothes [she's litter box trained so walks are generally around the indoor part... show more I have a miniature dachshund who needs to go to the groomer and vet today -- unfortunately, we've got six inches of snow on the ground and my fiance and I don't have a car so we rely solely on public transit. She has no dog clothes [she's litter box trained so walks are generally around the indoor part of the apartment complex during cold weather] and the only thing I can come up with is putting on her harness, wrapping her in a small blanket and then wrapping her in one of my winter coats and praying that the bus comes on time [holding her close to my body for shared warmth, of course] -- any other suggestions?
Update: have a miniature dachshund who needs to go to the groomer and vet today -- unfortunately, we've got six inches of snow on the ground and my fiance and I don't have a car so we rely solely on public transit. She has no dog clothes [she's litter box trained so walks are generally around the indoor part of... show more have a miniature dachshund who needs to go to the groomer and vet today -- unfortunately, we've got six inches of snow on the ground and my fiance and I don't have a car so we rely solely on public transit. She has no dog clothes [she's litter box trained so walks are generally around the indoor part of the apartment complex during cold weather] and the only thing I can come up with is putting on her harness, wrapping her in a small blanket and then wrapping her in one of my winter coats and praying that the bus comes on time [holding her close to my body for shared warmth, of course] -- any other suggestions?

Edit: This is for *today* and I cannot buy her specific pet clothes due to the buses not running to the pet store area -- it's lucky enough they're still running to her vet :x
Update 2: I have a miniature dachshund who needs to go to the groomer and vet today -- unfortunately, we've got six inches of snow on the ground and my fiance and I don't have a car so we rely solely on public transit. She has no dog clothes [she's litter box trained so walks are generally around the indoor part... show more I have a miniature dachshund who needs to go to the groomer and vet today -- unfortunately, we've got six inches of snow on the ground and my fiance and I don't have a car so we rely solely on public transit. She has no dog clothes [she's litter box trained so walks are generally around the indoor part of the apartment complex during cold weather] and the only thing I can come up with is putting on her harness, wrapping her in a small blanket and then wrapping her in one of my winter coats and praying that the bus comes on time [holding her close to my body for shared warmth, of course] -- any other suggestions?

Edit: This is for *today* and I cannot buy her specific pet clothes due to the buses not running to the pet store area -- it's lucky enough they're still running to her vet :x She weighs 13lbs and it'll be a tight squeeze to fit her in with me in the jacket but we should be fine. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Update 3: lol I just got a call from the vet saying they're canceling all appointments for the day due to the weather. Thanks again for the responses, though!