Don't these brave men deserve a bail-out?

Our leaders in Washington these days seem to jump at any opportunity to give Wall Street a break.

So why can't we do the same for Border Patrol Agents Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos?

That's a question I'd love to ask. I suspect that you would too.

President Bush will leave office in a matter of weeks!

And it is highly doubtful that Barack Obama will champion the cause of these wrongfully and vindictively prosecuted American heroes.

So what does that mean?

It means that if President Bush fails to act soon, these brave men are destined to spend a DECADE behind bars... NO TIME OFF FOR GOOD BEHAVIOR... NO CHANCE OF PAROLE.

Some might say that Compean and Ramos were prosecuted to appease a foreign government.

Others might even say they were offered as sacrificial lambs to advance a political agenda.

Still others might say that it was just a horrible miscarriage of justice.

Assuming that any one (or any combination) of these opinions is true:

The foreign government that some would say their prosecution was intended to appease has long since forgotten about them.

The political agenda that some would say their imprisonment was meant to advance - namely amnesty - was defeated (in fact you helped defeat it)!

And the freakish miscarriage of justice has simply gone on too long.

No matter which option you choose, the only reason NOW not to pardon the brave Border Agents or at least commute their sentences is hard-hearted vindictiveness.

And THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE!

What do you think should be done? Who is most deserving of a Bail-Out? A pardon?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE...(in your answer) post any contact phone numbers or congressional emails or direct contact to the white house..( I've tried the W.H. 10 times and have gotten ZERO Response!!!

OK..Now meet the man who prosecuted the agents. A word of caution! This will make you Angry!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTI...

• Sarah

I sent President Bush an email and I have the White House phone number is 202-456-1111 he switch board number is 202-456-1414 and the Fax number is 202-456-2461. The White House maling address is 1600 Pensylvania Avenue, NW Washington DC, 20500. In case someone doesn't know how dreadful this is, here is the story in a nut shell.

Compean and Ramos were convicted almost solely on the word of a known illegal alien drug smuggler who claimed that Compean and Ramos shot him in the butt while he was attempting to escape.

Incidentally, this smuggler was attempting to transport 743 pounds of marijuana into the United States at the time of the incident.

In exchange for his testimony, the smuggler was granted blanket immunity and allowed to come and go across the border almost at will and was actually caught attempting to transport more drugs into the United States while waiting to testify against Compean and Ramos.

The court WOULD NOT allow this fact to be submitted during the trial.

And, in what may be the greatest irony of this whole case, the smuggler was eventually convicted of the smuggling offenses that occurred AFTER he was granted immunity and was sentenced to LESS TIME than Compean and Ramos.

"It also turns out that this low-life drug smuggler re-entered the United States at least 10 different times in 2005 and that he was caught smuggling drugs while he was waiting to testify against Ramos and Compean. These facts were not brought up at their trial."

The severity of these charges and the harshness of the punishment are totally disproportionate to the violation in question."

"Even the illegal drug smuggler, Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila, was sentenced to less prison time than our fellow American border guards!"

Such irony is shameful!

Now is the time to demand justice!

We need to thell them that the railroading of Ramos and Compean is a gross miscarriage of justice and perhaps one of the most cynical misuses of power in our nation's recent history. Tell them that their continued imprisonment demeans the American people and our government.

Tell them that these brave American heroes are owed apologies for the injustice they have suffered and that this horrible wrong can be righted only if the President pardons these men or commutes their sentences.

It is such an unfair situation. There use 2 be a clear line between right and wrong. Our grandparents knew where 2 draw it.Somehow the moral code we were raise on has come under attack. What happened 2 my country? Why are the voices of our founding fathers being censured? This miscarriage of justice is just one of the many that destroy the very foundation of my country. If GWB Jr.has the power 2 pardon these defenders of our laws than I pray he does. @ some point red blooded,tax paying.law abiding americans are going 2 have 2 get off the fence and fight the liberal movement that seeks 2 destroy the beliefs our ancestors fought and died for.We must get organized.

Hey Mort aux vaches - Obama will use his sheep herd (democrats/liberals) as his scape goat when it gets to be his turn.

As far as the bail out goes, it seems this year no justice will ever be done. What the american people want or vote for is not what we will get.

I am for them being released and I'm afraid that President Bush is either ignoring this oportunity or has already been bought to free some other political criminal. I hate to say that about Bush but with what has happened this pass year with all the political coruption, I wouldn't put it past him.

Source(s): American Veteran
  • Sasha

It is Unacceptable! Those two Border Agents need to be set free. They should have never been convicted in the first place. I believe it was done out of racism and hatred for Law and Justice. How dare them! I have been writing and writing everyone I can. Been bombarding them with faxes. ::) This is a In Justice. Give the men a Pardon.

These men not only deserve to be let out, they ought to receive back pay, with hazard bonus, a formal apology and the opportunity to shoot Aldrete-Davila for permanent. This will not make up for what they have gone through the past two years, but it would be a little payback, and also save us from the nuisance of being sued for violating the civil rights that nobody but the damn libs think the jerk ought to have anyway. Bottom line, he is NOT a CITIZEN and therefore has no civil rights. This is just basic common sense. You couldn't stuff hm in under the Geneva Convention, either.

Whatever the bleeding-hearts like to argue, the Constitution does not grant just everybody who wanders or barges within our borders the rights granted to the American citizen. If that had been their intent, why would they have established borders at all? While I would be happy to grant him the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, he should be seeking them in his own damn country, not in mine, and certainly not while in the commission of a major felony.

What galls the worst is that Ms. Kanof should have smooched up to a damn drug dealer in order to prosecute two American citizens for violating his nonexistent civil rights. And no doubt she also encouraged him to attempt to suck off a couple hundred thou from the taxpayers because he got shot--in the butt, puhLEEZE--during the commission of a crime IN A COUNTRY HE HAD ENTERED ILLEGALLY!

What ought to happen is that they ought to free those guys, clear their records and pay them restitution, and then fire everybody who had anything to do with prosecuting that case. Which no one with a lick of common sense or justice could regard as anything but bullsh*t!

He!! yeah, they deserve to be bailed out, and everyone who helped railroad them ought to be prosecuted for false arrest and imprisonment.

These fellas should be given whatever the highest medal of honor this country gives to those who put their lives on the line for their country. They should be making commemorative coins with their faces impressed upon them. There should be a day set aside where every American puts their flag out to honor these fellas for doing their job. These guys only did what their job dictated, and that was to serve and protect. It's pretty good when your own government puts you in jail for doing your job. So much for justice being served. <*)))><

Why would the government want to release these heroes. They killed one of the governmental drug runners and if the drugs don't come in they can't make the millions of dollars a day that they get under the table from the sale of the drugs.

Our government is one of the biggest suppliers of illegal drugs in the U.S.

The only drug runners they want caught are the ones that are not paying the government bribes to do business as usual! Without the drugs they lose control of the people who use them. Many on our police departments are into drug dealing, as is many of our federal agents.

TIME FOR CHANGE? It should have changed years ago but there is no change, why else would they let a self proclaimed drug user run for president. He's one of them, owned, lock stock and barrel!

• The should have been pardoned by Bush.... They are rotting in jail for doing their jobs for political reasons. It is a disgrace.

Sutton's stitched them up is he one of those law reformers punish those who are enforcing the law and those criminals who break the law get a slap on the wrist punishment. Hell a truck load of dope is good enough for me I pull the chain on the criminals.

Maybe Sutton is a dope user too.

Anyone who has reviewed my responses to questions will know that I have long supported GWB - even with donations. However, if he fails to pardon those you speak of I will consider my support as a waste for the man is not of the set of principles I thought him to be.