Happy asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 decade ago

Recent Deaths Of Canadian Soldiers In Afghanistan?

Another 3 Canadian soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan today, last week 3 soldiers were killed as well.

Why are the terrorist targeting Canadian soldiers more?

Is it because they believe that Canada's army is weak and is not as well equiped as the US army. It seems more Canadian soldiers have died in Afghnanistan than US soldiers in terms of proportion to the size of their respective army.

Why are American soldeirs better capable of handling the Taliban than Canadian soldiers?

Is this because Canadian soldiers are not experienced in wars as the American soldiers are and that the Canadian army is very poorly equiped meaning they have to fight this war on foot than on planes they way the Americans have?

Perhaps the answer lies in the fact that American troops aren't in the same area? Dutch and Canadian troops happen to be in the absolute worst area of Afghanistan. No...I don't think American troops are better capable of dealing with that area. Canadian forces train your special forces troopies. We know they suck and can't shoot straight. Might be why the record for a sniper shot anywhere is held by a Canadian and done in Afghanistan's Shah-i-Kot Valley? Google that one if you have the guts. If not I'll post it here. It's 2,430 metres. 2.4 friggin kilometers which beat the old record held by an American sniper by over 200 metres. 600 feet further buddy and the target was moving!!! The previous record was a static shot and nowhere near as difficult. Every single member of our forces are trained to "American Ranger" standard. What does that make of American Forces not Ranger trained? Less. Much less.

I find it tragic that you mention air power in Afghanistan. Our first deaths were "freindly fire" from your air force bombing a clearly marked practice area and a few other incidents since. American air power is almost as bad as taliban tacitcs. It just plain kills people that don't deserve it. Way to go. Win hearts and minds by killing the populace with indiscriminate air power. The Dutch and ourselves win over the locals and your air power or troops kill them when it's safe to do so. News flash...that's not winning, that's losing. Your military is setting itself up for it's own defeat. The Taliban don't have to do much, you're doing it to yourselves. You are winning their fight for them, that has just gotta suck. Vietnam ring a bell? How about Iraq? Somalia is a good example of your calibre of troops too. How many did the locals drag through the streets as crispy critters? 18 wasn't it? That...is a lot of hate. That's more hate than I can imagine, yet it happened. I couldn't fathom how that could form in a human's mind but those Somalis really hated American guts. Why?

I bet you're a product of a brother and sister having some fun, aren't ya and it really confuses me why we keep trying to protect your nation's reputation. We really ought to just toss you to the wolves. Why not? You kill and maim us when we're fighting your war. Thanks. Thanks a lot. Never thought this would pass my lips, but thank gawd we're outta there in 2011 to let your country clean up it's own mess. Go nuts, just don't make the situation for the locals worse. Yeah, right.

The Canadian soldiers are in the most dangerous part of Afghanistan. Plus there are a lot of politicians in the NDP and BLOC that want to pull them out so the Taliban might want to convince them.

I think the Canadians actually have better armored vehicles than the Americans.

• Justin

Conspiracy theorists like myself dont believe terrorists killed those Canadian soldiers. We believe the american government set up this whole war to establish a base in the middle east and make it part of the NWO. So to answer your question theyre not targeting Canadian soldiers they just find enjoyment in taking innocent lives

Michael - What other trolling questions? link em for me please

The Canadians are being targeted because they are the ones currently leading the mission in Afghanistan. The US was in charge at first in 2002 and 2003 until March when they redeployed the majority of their troops to Iraq to start Bush's Bogus war.

• gary o

I believe the Canadian soldiers are as good as any (I'm American) But in war anything can happen...........I know the same thing has happened to American forces all over the Mideast.............Certainly far more times than to the Canadian Army.....The Canadians always fight well and can be proud of their war effort.... Thank you for your help !!!

Clearly, my dear, you know nothing about Canadian soldiers. Good people are dead and they got that way cleaning up a mess Canada did not start. You could show a little respect for the friends and families; instead you show a remarkable lack of education and class. Maybe you should put your brain into gear before putting your keyboard into motion.

Geezeeeeeee Micheal , give the kid a break.

they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.