Acer Empowering Technology password?

Can anyone who has an Acer w/Acer empowering technology tell me where you can find the password for it. I need to restore to factory settings without a disk and you need this password to do it. I checked the hint for the password and its the same hint as my password and I tried various versions of my password (including the password itself) and no luck. Is there a way to recover a forgotten empowering technology password?

Favorite Answer

I read on the net that the default is 000000 try that out

Acer Empowering Technology

hi mark i did the same thing i did not have to use a password tho, I will send you a copy of the email they sent telling me how to do a factory reset , good luck.

In order to do so, you will need to launch the Disk2Disk recovery feature (which should be supported by your machine). This can be initiated by pressing ALT + F10 when the computer is first switched on. You will need to hold down ALT as soon as the Acer splash screen appears, and repeatedly press F10. The window of opportunity is very small, so this may take a few attempts. The Disk2Disk recovery feature allows you to recover the system without recovery CDs. This will return your system to factory settings and will delete everything stored on the machine. If possible we strongly advise backing up anything important on your machine before starting the recovery process.

by default the password should be 000000.

If that doesn't work

The password is stored in a file on the hidden partition. The best way to get at this is to use something like the Ubuntu OS that will run a complete system from a cd. Once it is booted, you can navigate to the file AIMDRS.DAT which may or may not be in the tool folder. This file should be in the drive called PQservice. Any text editor should be able to read it at that time, including ubuntu's own text editor.

BTW don't install ubuntu if you want to keep windows, Just run it off the cd. Ubuntu is a freeware linux OS and can be download at http://www.ubuntu.com

Source(s): I have also lost my password and this is how I got it back.

You can go into BIOS by repeatedly pressing f8 or f11as the computer is booting and by pass the administrator. Also just type in system restore in the search bar. All the software that has been installed after the point in time you set the restore to will not work and will have to be reinstalled.

I have the same program and i have never used it , u need to restore back to factory settings , if u do u loose everything , i believe the shortcut to do it is when u start ur computer beofre it goes into everything i think it was alt shift F11 mutipule times and u get a screen to say restore to factory settings ,,but u might be able to google it and ask how to restore to factory settings on vista,,hope this helped