Jehovah's Witnesses, in 1919 your Organization was appointed by Jesus as to be the only Organization to ?

Be dispensing the right spiritual food at the proper time and was appointed to be in charge of the Masters (Jesus') possessions and in Charge of his servants.

The question is, How did you find out from Jesus? Your organization claims that Jesus tested your organization and found them to be the only ones dispensing spiritual food at the proper time and put this Organization in charge of his servants and possessions?

How did Jesus make this known to them back in 1919? I do not mean to belittle anybody but did he do this with a memo, a note or in a dream, how was it done and who was it that proclaimed it.

Favorite Answer

God has always had a people. Throughout history, there has always been those who served the living GOD.

Elijah thought he was alone in serving GOD yet GOD showed him

Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

1 Kings 19:18

Flash forward to the times of Christ. Jesus told Peter:

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18 We know the church was not built upon Peter, It was built upon Jesus Christ so once again, this shows that GOD has always had a people. IF this church died out for several hundred years until the earth was so blessed with Charles Russell, the Jesus is not the truth because the gates of hell did prevail for almost 2,000 years.

I contend that there is another answer. Although the WT brags about being Jehovah's organization, we need only to look at those who claimed to be Jehovah's organization in the times of Christ and then check to see what JESUS said about them'

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matt%2...

I firmly believe Jesus will say the same about Jehovah's organization of today!

Find the real truth. Come to JESUS for salvation today

http://www.shatterdmen.com/first_step.htm

Charles Russell the first president of the cult took his 1914 prophesy from Daniel 4:9-32. Every single prophecy in Daniel 4:9-32 had only one fulfilment yet Russel claims it should have two fulfilments.

Daniel 2: An immense image representing kingdoms

Daniel 4: Seven times representing Nebuchadnezzar

Daniel 5: Writing on the wall foretelling Babylon's immediate destruction

Daniel 7: Four beasts being 4 world powers

Daniel 9: Seventy weeks foreshadowing Christ's arrival

Daniel 11: Kings of the North and South

Daniel prophesies that Nebuchadnezzar would act as a beast for 7 years. There is nothing about a second fulfilment and it takes a significant imagination to deduce that it means 1914. Is there anything to conclude that there should be a second fulfilment? There is no reference to a second fulfilment, no reference to Gentile times, no reference to the Last Days and no reference to the Israelites. Despite this, the prophecy of the seven times is the lynch pin of the cults belief structure and the only scripture that is used to indicate that Jesus started ruling specifically in the year 1914.

The current cult understanding is that this prophecy signifies the end of God's rulership through the Jews in 607 B.C. The next 2,520 years were the Gentile Times of the Nations, until God re-established his Kingdom in heaven in 1914.

The cults interpretation goes as follows; The cutting down of the tree represents the destruction of the Kingdom of Judah by Nebuchadnezzar in 607 B.C. The "seven times" constitute 2,520 years, 7 lunar years of 360 days each. The principle of "a day for a year" converts 2520 days to 2520 years. The 2520 years of the Gentile times ended in 1914, coinciding with the start of Jesus heavenly rulership.

Even if Daniel 4 was to have a secondary fulfilment each point is based on misconceptions. Jerusalem fell between 586 and 587 B.C., This is stated in virtually all encyclopaedias and supported by a significant volume of historical information. To arrive at 1914 the cult claims this figure is wrong and that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 B.C. This is highly significant; if the Gentile times did not end in 1914 then the Watchtower Society was not chosen by Jesus in 1919.

God Bless!

Desert Rose is a lunitic! No Christian teaches that children who die in a flood go to Hell. Further more no Christian teaches that Jesus is torturing children in Hell.

Your confusion may lay in the fact the JW cult thinks Hell means grave.

True Believers in Christ don't claim to be an Organization which will provide survival at Armageddon by being a member of the

" Organization " !

The Watchtower However claims that very thing !

Quote; "If you never answer us ...Why we have to do the same???"

Because your Organization makes this claim Desert Rose and we are just testing to see what is true !

EDIT: Rose, we tell you all the Time that we follow and believe in Jesus but, you don't understand.

If you knew Him you would understand !

Interesting to see how "Desert Rose" ducked and dodged your question. What is she afraid of? She strikes me as quite an angry lady.

Anyway, I have never read anything from the Watchtower that explained how they found out that Jesus picked them in 1919 (and, yes they claim it was 1919--a few years after Jesus became king in 1914).

This is especially odd because they continued to believe that Russell was the faithful and discreet slave until around 1927. Thus, for 8 years after Jesus appointed them as the "faithful slave," they believed that someone else was the faithful slave...so it sounds like they didn't get the memo!

Also, they believed that Jesus became king in 1874 until around 1943 (this view was changed in the "Let God Be True" book if I remember correctly).

So, in conclusion I don't know how in the world they could have known that Jesus picked them in 1919. This is surprising, since it was JESUS...I would think that he would do a better job of notifying his people, wouldn't you?

• Clifford5 years agoReport

According to the JW's Jesus has the power to materialize a body at will and be visible for all to see. No offense but I would think that if Jesus had made such an important decision he would have made a visible presence to SOMEONE and verbally stated so.

Oh Desert Rose, you are an amazing lady! You are getting so good at the distract and defer JW Two_step. I was going to report your answer as a non answer, but then I thought that it speaks volumes about how JWs deal with questions about the lies in their doctrines.

Scoot Scoot twice to the left, then wham, throw an ad hominem attack onto the asker and voila, everyone is distracted and will now turn against the asker. You crack me up.

To answer the Big guy, there is no answer to this. See the JWs claim Apostolic Succession and Spirit Inspiration to the flock, but they cannot prove this so when asked in court when being sued they have had to admit that they have no spiritual guidance and no leg to stand on.

OK, first it was in1914... In this year, the reign of Jesus at heaven began. The whole life on Earth changed that year, if you remember, that was the year WWI exploded. The 'spiritual food' is the term we use to denominate to the information we spread across the globe. Has any Witness of Jehova ever knocked your door? This information is helpful for others to learn about truly 'everything'... It's a bit hard to describe the 'everything', but you understand a lot of our costums when you get familiar with the information we tell you. To be honest, I was raised by my mother within the organization's believes, yet when I was 8, things got hard and she left the organization, and I followed her, but now I'm trying to come back again. I'm receiving biblical studies and I'm attending to the meetings on Sundays... I still have a long way to go, and I'm learning and understanding so much! Anyhow, there's one thing I can tell you: Everything we tell you, everything we say we know about Jesus and about History and past, ALL OF IT, ABSOLUTELY ALL OF IT COMES FROM THE BIBLE. That's our main base, the one we use to prove what we say. As you grow in experience, you learn where exactly in the bible says that we can't drink blood, that Jesus died to save us, everything is backed up by the bible... That's how we know a lot about Jesus... I know I probably wasn't helpful enough, but if you wish to know more go to watchtower.org or get in touch with me at my mail: libia.lee.412@gmail.com, if you want to learn more about Jesus and our believes, I'll try to answer your doubts as best as I can... I've just learnt a lot about Jesus, it's pretty fascinating, and I can help you understand why he is so important. And my name is Libia. I don't want you to know me as anonymous. Anything you wish to know, I priomise I'll help you.

also if God were directing their organization then why do they not have a 100% vote everytime the governing body votes on something? They don't..they have a majority rules or 2/3..I forget which exactly..but its not a 100%..seems to me that it would be if Gods spirit was with them only..are they saying its only with a few at certain times? Makes no sense at all.

So Jesus must of lied to them about the end coming in 1914, 1918, 1919, and 1975. Just stringing them along I guess.

I grew up Jehovah Witness and I never heard anything like that. But I doubt you'll get a response from an actual witness. That religion believes that everything is demonism! T.V, internet, ect... I remember that when I was a kid my brother and I were not aloud to watch Sesame Street cause my grandpa said, "if you watch that your inviting satan in our house"!! I don't know what to believe anymore.

Source(s): My dysfunctional childhood!

Good question! I have news for the organization, though; God already warned us about them 2000 years ago!

Mark 13:22-23- "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, the chosen ones. YOU, then, watch out; I have told YOU all things beforehand."

1 John 4:1- "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world."

Colossians 2:8- "Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry YOU off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ."

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12- "But the lawless one’s presence is according to the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and portents and with every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth that they might be saved. So that is why God lets an operation of error go to them, that they may get to believing the lie, in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness."

2 Peter 2:19- "While they are promising them freedom, they themselves are existing as slaves of corruption. For whoever is overcome by another is enslaved by this one."

2 Timothy 3:5-7- "having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth."

Matthew 7:21)- “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will."

Revelation 16:13-14- "And I saw three unclean inspired expressions [that looked] like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty."

One last thing- The JW organization demands loyalty and obedience of all JWs. What did God say about this?

1 Corinthians 7:23- "YOU were bought with a price; stop becoming slaves of men."