I am inhaling stomach acid into my lungs when asleep?

For years I have suffered with acid reflux as a result of taking inflammatory drugs I have a inflamed and scar-rd wind pipe and my oesophagus is not closing properly due to inflammation(results of tests two years ago. I have now been inhaling stomach acid into my lungs at least three or four times a week in my... show more For years I have suffered with acid reflux as a result of taking inflammatory drugs I have a inflamed and scar-rd wind pipe and my oesophagus is not closing properly due to inflammation(results of tests two years ago.
I have now been inhaling stomach acid into my lungs at least three or four times a week in my sleep for the last six months which is painful and very frightening I am waking up choking on this acid
I saw a specialist today and the only advice he could give me was to tell me to lose weight (I am 2 stone over weight) and to raise the head of my bed by six inches.
I was told by my GP that made the appointment with the specialist that under no circumstances should I be inhaling stomach acid into my lungs as it can be dangerous.
What do I do next thanks
Update: I should have said that i have gaviscon and take losec and metoclopramide all for acid reflux