Internet on home built computer?

Hey, I'm looking at building a computer on my own, but am not sure how to get it to be internet compatible. How do I do that? do I need to buy some kind of internal modem? or does it just come with the motherboard?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

I'm pretty sure all motherboards built today will have ethernet ports, I know some motherboards have built in wireless adapters but that would be the only thing that you would need to purchase. If your just going to use a wire then you don't need to be concerned.

• 1 decade ago

It all depends on the motherboard, or mainboard of the computer, and even if it doesn't (which is very unlikely, given it's a modern one), it is very easy to upgrade with cheap expansion cards. Look for something about a "LAN 10/100" or "ethernet" port in the computer description.

• 1 decade ago

ehternet hook up is built in all new motherboards so you dont have to worry bout doing anything special just put drivers in when you install everything the driver cd will come with mother board

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you need a modem , i think , and it does not come with the motherboard!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You need modem or DSL modem or cable modem pick one.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.