White Spot interview on Tuesday at 4:00. Any advice?

-What types of questions should I be prepared to answer?

-What should I wear? (I'm a 16 year old girl)

-Are they looking for a specific personality?

I've had previous work experience with food. And I know I should should be myself in the interview. But I just wanna make sure I ace it because I need a job before Christmas!

Thanks in advance.

10 Points for the best advice

(most sample questions, and good suggestions for interview attire)

Favorite Answer

Here are some possibe questions you may be asked:

1. Have you had experience working in the in the food industry before?

2. If you have what kind of experience?

3. Why did you leave your last position?

4. Are you prepared to work any shift, any day, any time?

5. What is your greatest strength?

6. What would you say your greatest weakness is ( be prepared for this one and be honest. They will know if you are faking it)

7. Why do you want to work for White Spot?

8. How can you help us if we hired you?

9. What position are you looking for? ( Table server? Kitchen? Hostess?)

10. How would you handle a situation with a rude customer or difficult customer?

11. How are your grades like at school? (don’t fake this, they can simply call the school with your consent and ask what kind of a student you are in terms of attitude and work habits)

12. When can you start if we hired you?

13. Have you ever been in trouble with the police ( again, don’t fake this, they can easily find this out)

14. What are your interests when you’re not in school?

They might ask you all of the above or only a few of the above. Some of the questions may seem totally irrelevant and you wonder why they are asking. But rest assured they have their reasons and may be watching for how you communicate rather than what you communicate. They will certainly have other questions as well. You need to be very honest when giving your answers. If you do not have an answer to a question it is better to simply say you don’t know than to try and fake an answer. Make sure you make continual eye contact and have a cheerful face when answering questions. Smile a lot. Avoid using slang in your speech. Remember you are dealing with the public; people who may be anyone from stay at home moms to professional business people.

Wear an appropriate length skirt, stockings, blouse (or sweater) with modest accessories. Shoes without too much of a heel. Do not have rings through your nostrils, lips or multiple piercings in your ears. Do not have your hair done in multiple colors. Definitely do not have your tongue pierced. If you are serving the public people need to understand you. You are not there to make a fashion statement. Make sure your nail polish is fresh and not showy. The first thing people see are your hands when you are putting down glasses and plates etc. Make sure your finger nails are neatly filed and painted and you are not wearing loads of rings on your fingers. Go easy on the make up but look your best.

Sit up straight at the interview. Good posture says a lot about a person.

If you are applying to be a table server (which I assume you are) your deportment, which is how you conduct yourself and how you come across will be very important. You are there to convince them that you are the best person for the job. They want to know that if they hire you, you will be a good ambassador for the White Spot. A happy customer means repeat business. If you have an “attitude” check it at the door or don’t bother applying because you will be wasting their time- and yours. The White Spot has got a good reputation and my wife and I go there often. The table servers go out of their way to be courteous and attentive. Only once in all of our years did we have a young girl ( about your age) show an attitude. She was quickly let go. Good luck.

Stop worrying about it. That will only bring you more anxiety and won't help your interview. People like positive individuals when they are interviewing. Dress for success, don't over dress, light on the makeup. Don't be fiddling around a lot with your hands. Hands open and out some represent openness and honesty. Make direct eye contact and, if you are unsure of an answer tell them You know I don't always have all the answers, but have the means to get the right answer in a prompt and efficient way. I have networking. Believe in yourself and others will believe in you. They may want to know why you think you are the person they should choose. What makes you different. Think ahead for the answer to this one because it can make you the winner. Good Luck Girl, and smile, be yourself, and you'll be fine.

You can Google "possible interview questions". It should come up with something.

Wear something dressy-casual. A nice top with nice/dressy jeans or a skirt would be good. Nothing over-the-top dressy, though.

Since it's a restaurant, in general they're most likely looking for someone who is friendly and outgoing.

Hope this helps. Good luck!