Lo asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Does this sound like I should buy a test or not?

i asked already but got few responses so i'll try again-sorry for any inconvenience.

i know i could probably test at this point but i am literally flat broke-besides the coins in my wallet-and can't really afford a test until at least friday so i figured i'd ask and see if it was worth it....

ok well i had unprotected sex in october--around ovulation--it was not very long but unprotected nonetheless. well i was a week late on my period-it was supposed to start 10/27 but didn't start until 11/3--i tested in that week and came up with a negative but then had a period so i didn't think anything of it. well then i was spotting off and on for almost all of november and i couldn't figure out why. it was brownish-reddish but i could tell it was mixed with more clearish discharge than i usually have. it was never enough spotting for a tampon-i would put one in but it would end up being useless.

since then-i've had increased discharge and been verrrry tired and rather nauseous some days when i don't eat like i usually do.

so now it's 12/7 and i have absolutely no signs of AF showing up. and i guess according to my late period in Nov i should've started 4 days ago. so being that i know it's common to have a first period during pregnancy--do you think i should buy the test friday if i haven't started by then?

I think waiting until Friday is reasonable. According to PeeOnAStick (http://www.peeonastick.com), tests from the Dollar Tree are just as sensitive as First Response. FYI, they keep the tests at the checkout, if you decide to get one. Good luck!

Yeah, I would go ahead and buy one. First Response should give you an accurate result within 5 days BEFORE your missed AF, so by Friday you ought to be able to know for sure. Make sure you do it first thing in the morning though because your urine will be the most concentrated then. Good luck!

Yes, I think you should. A lot of hospitals offer free pregnancy testing, just look it up on Google.

• local health depeartment and other agencies (just google for them)

will do the test for free.

definite, it became defective. in simple terms take yet another one. the kind isn't that important, they're all a stick you pee on. They artwork the comparable way. you're in simple terms spending the extra funds to purchase the kind.