Zorro asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Dog Training. dog training.?

I need all the best dog training tips and links to videos about dog training you can give me. thank-you all.Oh, and my dog is part mini doby part beagle, and she gets really riled outside. I have her pretty well trained inside but when she gets outside and sees something interested she obeys no commands and pulls away I really want her to stop pulling.

Update:

Thank-you all. I have tried the thing where you turn around and i did it over and over but it didnt's work she just started pulling in the other direction. I will however try it with the harness or choke collar.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Best answer

All the info you need in one convenient spot.

http://www.clickertraining.com

• 4 years ago

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://bitly.im/aLZzD

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

• 1 decade ago

First, get a no pull harness. That will stop her straining and pulling at the end of the leash because it's uncomfortable under the arms if they pull.

Next, change directions, a few steps, and make your dog sit with it's back to anything it's over reacting to. Repete till dog gets the idea that calm looking is ok, and barking lunging, circling on the lead etc, doesn't get them the response they want.

Take treats while walking , kitty kibble usually is interesting enough and easy to carry, and give tiny treats when they act calm or sit when told.

Be sure your dog is getting plenty of mental and physical exercise to keep healthy and mentally/emotionally balanced. Maybe find an agility course and trainer that you could work with, or teach your dog to search for things you hide around the house and yard.

Enjoy your little dog, sounds like a smart and eager one.

Source(s): 35 years training, raising, breeding, showing, rescuing, boarding, dogs, cats, horses, guinea pigs , Sulcatas, Bearded Dragons, growing rare plants, ex Nurse, ex EMT. 12 Grandchildren. Manage 150 dog Pet Resort.
  • 4 years ago

Every dog needs some type of training. The first class I ever took a dog to was https://tr.im/thedogtrainer

It's a very basic kind of class. They will help you with your dog, and show you how to work with your dog at home.

They'll also answer any questions you have about your dog's particular problems and how to handle them. The most important thing in dog training is to be consistent and work with your dog at home on the lessons. The PetSmart class teaches sit, down, come, and the very basics every dog needs to know. They will also help socialize your dog. You are unhappy with an untrained dog, and believe it or not, the dog is actually unhappy to. You need to take your dog now, as the older he gets, the harder it will be to correct your dog's bad habits. Plus the classes are fun for you and your dog. My dog went from that first PetSmart class on to advanced obedience classes. You might also contact your local humane society. The one in my area offers obedience classes with a very good trainer at a reduced price.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago
  • 1 decade ago

You need to get a pinch collar and learn how to use it properly. This collar mimics the feeling of a momma dog nipping her puppies neck to correct them. They work wonders! We volunteer for a local shelter and foster different dogs all the time. We learned this procedure and use it on all our dogs and it works everytime! Cesar Milan uses this technique also!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.