TEFL - Info on TEFL courses?

I am about to start a 4 week tefl course next month. I would like some feedback from anyone who has done a TEFL as to how hard it really is, and what sort of preperation i need to do, and what sort of level of grammar i am expected to know when i start.

I would really appreciate any feedback anyone could provide

Well, I am the perfect person to answer this question for you! I myself did a 4 week TEFL Course (TEFL Worldwide Prague) in 2006, and have been living and teaching in Prague ever since I graduated. :)

I don't know what course you are doing, so it will be hard for me to comment on how hard it will be. I know some other courses in Prague just teach you games and then give you a certificate leaving you kind of screwed when it comes time to interview for a job.

The course I did was GREAT! It was intense, but really fun at the same time. I learned a lot and was able to start working about 3 weeks after finishing my course. We learned how to write lesson plans, we learned grammar (had to do 2 in class grammar lessons) and even had practice teaching students in groups and one on one. Like I said it was a lot of work, but TOTALLY worth it. I felt confident and prepared when it was all over. It helps when the teachers have been doing ESL for like 12 years or something like that. :)

You don't need to know any grammar to begin with - you probably know it all wrong anyway. I did. But if the school is a good one they should teach you all that you need to know during the course.

Best of luck to you and my best advice is: Listen to the teachers...tghey know what they are talking about!