Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

what happens when you die?

what happens when you die

Hello, this is good question. I have read and studied this in the bible. If you read Genesis 2:7- And the Lord God formed man of the DUST of the GROUND, and BREATHED into his NOSTRILS THE BREATH OF LIFE; and man became a living soul. Well if you notice it is backwards when man dies. The breath (life soul) leaves the body (last beath during death), and your body returns to the ground. This is proof that their is no life RIGHT after death. The soul returns to the creator. Upon the return of Jesus he restores the souls to the body in the grave and this is for jugdement day. I know that some people will say things like "but the bodies in the ground are rotten". Remember that God created man from dust, so he can put them back togather again. Thanks for hearing me out, glassalpha

God’s Word states: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages.” Since the dead “are conscious of nothing at all,” they cannot hear, see, speak, feel, or think. They no longer earn any wages. How could they? They are incapable of any work! Moreover, “their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished,” for they cannot express any emotion.—Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10.

What the Bible says on this subject is simple and clear—the dead do not continue to live somewhere. There is nothing that leaves our body at death and lives on so as to be reborn in another body, as stated by those who believe in reincarnation. We might illustrate matters this way: The life that we enjoy is like the flame of a candle. When the flame is extinguished, it does not go anywhere. It is simply gone.

If they can no longer hear, see, speak, feel, or think. Therefore, they cannot be experiencing unbearable loneliness in purgatory or suffering in a place of fiery torment. However, the Bible teaches that the dead who are in God’s memory will be resurrected. John 5:28, 29.

• Hruth

When I die? My corpse will be harvested of its usable organs and the rest will be roasted into ash in a crematorium. The ashes will then be sprinkled over the ocean so I can feed all the little fishes.

Death is the final end. There is no more after your brain ceases to function. There is no afterlife, no second chances, no 'heaven' for the 'good' or 'hell' for the 'bad'. You only get one life, so do the best you can with it. Try to be the best person you can be, and help others to do so as well.

Source(s): Atheist for life.

Oh wow, religion... So here's what I've been told, Apparently our minds, since they are just electrical signals in our brains, go dark. It then, since our brain is dead, doesn't float up to a holy cloud or burn in a fiery hole, it begins to dream and since most people are religious what they choose to dream is reminiscent of 'heaven' or 'hell' but its no different than a nightmare or a pleasant dream. Your subconscious takes over and you just end up dreaming(some would call it hallucinating) for, well, forever. There. :) an atheist's perspective.

Very easy question. The brain works with chemical and electrical signals. It needs oxygen for fuel. When the fuel is cut off (death) the brain stops working. You are now dead. Because your brain is dead, you can no longer think. The problems humans have understanding this is because it is almost impossible to imagine NO THOUGHTS AT ALL. The best way to explain it is a deep, deep sleep. You wake up and remember nothing after you dozed off. Forget heaven or hell. They are pure fiction.

19"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,[Hades] where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'

30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'

31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

Luke 16:19-31

When I die, I will be taken to heaven, carried by angels, and given a castle made of gold.

You, not so much.

Source(s): s

over time the fluids leave ur body causing u to shrival up, then ur organs beginto dry up and then eventually they decompose then ur skin cells and muscle tissye will follow and there is some debat on whether or not ur hair will still grow after death but usually the hair pigments lie with in the skin and they usually die when ur skin dies as well a then over time again ur bones will eventually turn to dust hope i wasn't to graphic on the details for u

Book One, Chapter Ten: Conversations with God

There is no judgment in what you call the afterlife. You will not even be allowed to judge yourself (for you would surely give yourself a low score, given how judgmental and unforgiving you are with yourself in this life).

No, there is no accounting, no one giving "thumbs-up" or "thumbs-down" Only humans are judgmental, and because you are, you assume that I must be. Yet I am not - and that is a great truth you cannot accept.

Nonetheless, while there will be no judgment in the afterlife, there will be opportunity to look again at all you have thought, said and done here, and to decide if that is what you would choose again, based on who you say you are, and you want to be.

When you die, you go to the afterlife.

Go to this website:

http://www.near-death.com

There is tons of information about the afterlife and near death experiences. Near death experiences is when people die, but come back to life.