Renee asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 decade ago

im 15 and do competitive cheerleading i would love to take dance is it too late for me to start ballet?

i have been doing competitive cheerleading for 4years and did gymnastics for 5 years. I'm 5'10 have a muscular build and I'm very flexible. i never had the opportunity when i was little to take dance but iv always dreamed of taking ballet. i know most girls start when they're young is it too late for me to start. i do catch on to things quick and i have dance experience with gymnastics and cheerleading.

If you were to search the resolved questions on this site you would see that out of the five million "is it too late to start ballet" questions, no one answering say "yes it is."

It is never too late. ballet is beneficial no matter what your age. you have great experience for a late starter and should progress quickly if you work hard. Give it a shot! Ballet is wonderful.

Source(s): i'm a ballet dancer

Hey! well if you really want to learn i say go for it! Life is about learning and gaining new skills.. if you dont expect to be the most amazing dancer in the world then you will be fine. dont jump into something expecting to be the most perfect at it. it will take a lot of work and time and all the things you are used to so again i say go for it!:) Oh and there are diff types of dance that you can use your tumbling and jumps skills to good use!:)

yes your too late most ballet instructors expect their dancers to be experienced and it would extremely difficult for you to learn and catch up quickly because a lot of ballet dancers start at a very young age

no way its not too late!

go ahead and sign upppp! like rlly

the flexibility is rlly rlly good for ballet, trust me

as long as u have tecnique(wich will come after a bit) then your godlen:]

Source(s): ima dancer! <3

GO for it i have been dancing for 10yrs and its my life but i no some ppl who start later on and do fine

Source(s): dancer

it is never too late to start and it you really set your mind to it, you will catch up with everyone else in no time :)

YES ! the gymnastics should back you up !

Do it!! It's never too late.